Funniest thing I've seen (Twitch stream where users control the player)

benoit489

Assistant Regional Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Try to help Red on his journey to become Pokemon league champion! Basically the users input "a" "left" "start" "up" etc to control what the character does. Somehow they made it to Cerulean City. Hilarity ensues!

Just an update: they have beaten 4 gyms, they evolved their Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot, and they released their Charmeleon :(

It's going to be impossible for them to get through the Safari Zone. You only get 500 steps to get to the Surf HM and it costs money to get into the Safari Zone. I can definitely see them going bankrupt.

So rage inducing! No progress has been made in the last 24 hours. Hopefully with the democracy system things will get back on track. Unfortunately there's too much lag on Twitch so people aren't timing the inputs correctly :(

87c.gif
13e.jpg
0bb.gif

Last i checked on twitch plays pokemon, They were 5 days in and still team Rocket's hideout. (They were there for about 2 days)

They have now beaten Giovanni and retrieved the Silph Scope. Now they're hanging out in Lavender Town doing random things. They've gotten their names rated a couple times, they've bought a couple Great Balls (which were used on Zubats in Rock Tunnel), and they have also ventured into Pokemon Tower a couple times. Here's a reddit link that keeps up to date on what's happening.

http://www.reddit.com/live/sw7bubeycai6hey4ciytwamw3a

Hahahah the memes have already started to appear i see. xD

Yes! Surprisingly it hasn't gotten old over the past 7 days. Here are some more that I like
Visiting the Name Rater​
b8WSdRc.gif
Defeating Giovanni:​
mdvXoY8.gif
Drowzee was charged with keeping Flareon in the PC​
1YhuJr8.jpg

LMAO these memes are hilarious. I wish I could participate but I get lagged too much on the stream for some reason. I barely understood the social experiment of this, kind of smart in a way :O

LMAO these memes are hilarious. I wish I could participate but I get lagged too much on the stream for some reason. I barely understood the social experiment of this, kind of smart in a way :o

If you click on the Source button near the bottom right of the stream player you can switch it to Low if you haven't done that already. Hopefully it works! I've had it running in the background at work the past week and I've had to muffle more than a few laughs. It's just the greatest thing to watch Red wander into somebody's house, walk around in circles, and obsessively check his Pokedex before leaving (and then re-entering, and then leaving, and then re-entering over and over and over again)

New batch of GIFs. Quick update too. Over the past 24 hours we were able to complete Pokemon Tower and the Safari Zone. We are currently trying to progress through the Silph company.

Trying to Heal our Pokemon:

iX98LPU.gif

Late last night (in the US) we made it to the Safari Zone. Handed off the responsibility to the Australians since it was our bed time. Woke up to no progress. Had to switch from Anarchy to Democracy to accomplish our goal:

sYMYtU8.jpg

What it feels like to accomplish anything in this game:

bridge_by_intheflorsh-d76b15z.gif

The ethical dilemma of when to use Democracy and when not. Too many people feel Anarchy is the true way to play

I5DwYgc.png

And lastly, Pidgeot aka Abba Jesus is carrying us through this game:

PIHHwq4.gif

Wasn't able to watch any of it, but updates on Reddit day that they beat Giovanni and received the masterball as well as defeat Sabrina. Looks like now they are going to try capturing Zapdos!

Day 11: They still do not suspect that I am not an NPC

76nykRK.gif

Drowzee was deposited so we could use Omanyte:

73dApxk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
We are currently in the Viridian City Gym trying to earn our final badge. Unfortunately we're having just as much success navigating this floor maze as we did with the Team Rocket Hideout.

I heard they got rid of a Pokemon called abbbbbbbk or something like that.

Twitch Plays Pokemon: The Matrix Edition​
UY69qiJ.png
cTX248B.png
Xt00G8x.png
nrg1yjf.png
uibFHyF.png
xtrSF72.png
QqVcrVG.png
zMnG24h.png
XlJM2vo.png
cGjL6ZM.png
Z8bLerE.png
LqauGuf.png
vCagtyh.png
XUtLZyz.png
WStQJAG.png
pPjCqOC.png

So they finally beat the game. It happened yesterday around 3/4 AM EST so I missed it :(

Oh well, they're now playing Crystal!!

Here's an update on their Crystal run. They've been blazing through it with Feraligatr. He's now been nicknamed LazorGator because they used Leer a lot when he was a Totodile and the move looks like two lazers are coming out of his eyes.

Ex9ESb8.jpg

Back