Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Television provider Shaw announced that the Canadian G4 television channel will stop broadcasting on September 1. Rogers Cable, another television provider, has confirmed on Twitter that the channel is shutting down.

The American G4 channel was also shut down at the end of 2014.

The G4 channel was home to a lot of video game based programming, but the internet slowly killed the channel.

I feel like G4 was dead back in 2012 or so when they started showing shows like Cops and Cheaters (which is about people who cheat on their lovers. I got it confused with Cheat which was video game cheats and it absolutely shocked me.)

The only really good memory I have of it was back in the Summer of 2009 or 2010 they showed Spaceballs every day. And for the whole Summer I watched Spaceballs every single day at 11AM. The only downside? They had the J.G. Wentworth commercials every single break so now it's ingrained in my head for the rest of my life.

I feel like G4 was dead back in 2012 or so when they started showing shows like Cops and Cheaters (which is about people who cheat on their lovers. I got it confused with Cheat which was video game cheats and it absolutely shocked me.)

The only really good memory I have of it was back in the Summer of 2009 or 2010 they showed Spaceballs every day. And for the whole Summer I watched Spaceballs every single day at 11AM. The only downside? They had the J.G. Wentworth commercials every single break so now it's ingrained in my head for the rest of my life.

You're not alone with the cheat/cheaters confusion, it got to me as well.

I am sad that G4 has gone under, they are the reasons I took up forums as I was watching Cheat and the host said check out our forums and I was like 'huh... sure?' and the rest is history.

Not surprising to be honest. Not only is TV a dying medium as far as video game related content goes, but based on what you said about it running non gaming TV shows in a clear sign of network decay... well, the writing was on the wall for a while.

This is too bad. Hopefully, they upload their videos online for people to watch.

Back