Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
Read from time extension:

A new Kickstarter has just gone live for a book devoted to covering the history of the Game Boy, Nintendo's beloved monochrome handheld.

GameBook: The Unofficial DMG Companion is the work of Ninty Media, the publisher behind the long-running Switch Player and Ninty Fresh magazines. Ninty Media's boss and founder, Paul Murphy, has experience of using crowdfunding – and this has directly influenced the naming of the book, as Murphy's Amiibook previously fell foul of legal issues.

The book will contain write-ups on the best Game Boy games, as well as "in-depth retrospectives on many of the titles that defined the handheld" and a tribute to the late Gunpei Yokoi, the mastermind behind the console. Former Total!, EDGE and Official PlayStation Magazine editor Steve Jarratt is penning the book's foreword, while a host of contributors are covering particular titles – including Nintendo Life editor Gavin Lane, Hookshot Media eCommerce Writer Ryan Craddock and Hookshot Media Community Manager Gemma Smith, amongst others.

Bespoken photography and artwork will accompany all of those lovely words, and the final book will measure 21cm x 21cm. It will be presented in hardback form on "high-quality, uncoated paper stock" over "at least 200+" pages.

I feel like all I want to know is how to make games on the consoles and the assembly code in 1 book. Not a list of games already in the secondhand market. But it's probably the latter.

I hope my local library will have a copy of Gameboy Gamebook. It sounds like an interesting Gmeboy Book to read for fun.

Back