Game Movies?? Do you like them?

Coputere

Credits
Most of the movies that I have seen that have come from games have never been able to solidify its legitimacy to me.
I can't remember a Game Movie that hasn't left me feeling disappointed.
Have you ever seen a great Movie that was based off of a video game?
I expected Pixel and Warcraft to be so much better than they were. Don't you agree?

I have heard from most WOW fans that the Warcraft movie was pretty decent, and also most non-WOW players said the movie was decent as a stand-alone movie and the idea of ´nobody is good´ falls right in line with what got many excited about Game of Thrones on HBO. Tomb Raiders were decent movies, not really great, but overall they were worth seeing. I am not sure of any others that were even decent movies.

The reverse is true as well. You rarely see a fun game being made out of a movie IP. Mainly because the license costs so much money that prevents enough money going to the actual development of the game.

Do I like them? Not really, and the ones that I've seen don't interest me either.

I'm open to them, there's been some so bad it's good ones and this year's set of video game adaptions is solid so far. Angry Birds, Ratchet and Clank, and Warcraft, are all decent if not standouts. If Assassin's Creed is great than this year was a success for the industry, and there is going to be a lot more to come regardless.

It is nerve wracking to see how they treat the characters we already have grown to love, but they've progressed and the talent at the director level has improved as well. Duncan Jones and Justin Kurzel are names that come to mind, and just like any adaptions and genre pieces it just takes a few big winners to change perception.

I haven't watched a game movie before, so I can't really talk about them, but I have seen Warcraft trailer and let me tell you that it looks pretty good. I'm not saying that they are all good, but I'm not closed to the idea of watching one or maybe loving that movie, who knows. I also think that it's a good way to expand video games in another part of the industry, I think that it would increase the success of that video game.

I rather play the games than what a movie....i have seen a couple ......not really interested

Although it only used famous video game characters throughout the movie, 'Wreck-It Ralph' was a very fine movie and is a good example of what could be done with current video game titles.

I hate game movies with a passion. For some reason, the scripts always end up in the laps of people like Uwe Boll who stick a karambit into the subject matter and twist, turning it into a total abomination. Hitman, DOOM, Warcraft, Max Payne, etc. have all had their respective movies twisted and squeezed for the sake of cash.

I am looking forward for the Assassins Creed movie.Hopefully it turns out good,I really loved the game franchise and I expect the movie to be good

Nope, I don't enjoy them. It's similar to movies based on books for me. There are so many details they get wrong, things they leave out, lore that they ignore or twist. It's always disappointing and I've basically stopped even watching them because they're so disappointing and honestly I would rather spend the money I would use for that movie on a new Steam game or a fancy new pet or premium item a game I enjoy.

Actually, there was an entire episode of game theory based on why video game movies will ALWAYS suck lard. You can watch it here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZOby9yQAOM.

Anyway, it states simply that because video games are more immersive when you play them, because you can control an influence the story, a movie that follows a set storyline will never feel as good because we don't have a choice of being a contributor, and we're stuck as spectators of a game that the director is playing.

(Pls dont ban me idk if we can have outside links)

Back