Game you hold most dear?

PenguinManiac

Credits
We all have that one game that always bring good memories to mind when we thinking about it, that makes us tear up or that brings a smile to our face. This might be due to the game itself or to the circumstances in which you played it, but nothing will tear apart that feeling of accomplishment and nostalgia from that videogame.
To me, that game has to be Majora's Mask. The way it captured me, how it creeped me out and how much it made me dive into a world that I almost felt like my own will never leave my mind nor my heart. I've spent countless nights playing it in the dark on my N64 as a child and later as an adult, and even though we both grew old, I felt like nothing had changed.

What about you? What is that special game, and what's the story behind it?

Majora's Mask is good choice. It's my favorite Zelda game and in my top 3. However, I'd have to say Super Mario 64. I still have early memories of playing the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES, but when I was 3 or 4 my parents got me an N64 with Mario 64. I remember playing it and always having a good time and always making new discoveries. It may have taken me 13 years or so to actually 100% the game, but the game with me through my childhood. I mean, even when I had a Gamecube or when I had my Wii, there were times I'd play Mario 64 just to try to finish it. And even though the game is easy now, getting that 120th star the first time felt like magic.

There are times I wish could play SM64 as if it were my first time again.

It's hard to decide only one game because I feel nostalgia whenever I see any of my childhood games. My favorite ones would be: Digimon 2, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, Klonoa, Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. These games were my first experience with Playstation and I appreciate them a lot.

Skyrim. It was the first game I played after getting an actual gaming PC. For years I had to play the same Red Alert 2, Rise of Nations, etc; games from the 2000s, and Skyrim was the first game I got and it blew my mind. From the graphics, to the quests, to NPCs actually having their own dialogue, multiple dialogue options, massive quests, massive areas; it was an amazing first run and sadly no other game can compare to that first Skyrim playthrough.

WoW for me. Definitely.
My first MMO ever, it opened several doors to me. I quickly became a fan, got to meet and play with wonderful people as well. There's nothing I can complain about.
Every expansion brings forwards new adventures, what's not to love?
My fondest memories bring me back to waking up earlier than usual to explore a bit on my own before my friends signed in, I really miss that :rolleyes:

WoW for me. Definitely.
My first MMO ever, it opened several doors to me. I quickly became a fan, got to meet and play with wonderful people as well. There's nothing I can complain about.
Every expansion brings forwards new adventures, what's not to love?
My fondest memories bring me back to waking up earlier than usual to explore a bit on my own before my friends signed in, I really miss that :rolleyes:
I think it's the first MMORPG that got really big with the common folk, that they actually tried it to see what the big deal is. I really think it's an amazing feat and lead the way to other online games, since a LOT of people got addicted to that game, and who knows how much money did they earn through the years of loyal players paying up to join their game. I think it's great, and newer online games should thank WoW for opening the doors.

Mario Kart and Luigi's Mansion

Luigi's Mansion if I'm just playing by myself but if I'm playing with someone else like one of my brothers then it has to be Mario Kart. I have so many memories of stuff my brothers and I have done on Mario Kart.

Most likely Perfect Dark 64, sunk so much time into that game besides RPGs.

Thats a tough one, I have several games that I consider special, that Id never want to part with.

I guess if it had to be just ONE game, though..... it would be a tie between Skies of Arcadia and Tales of Symphonia. I played ToS first, and I was totally blown away by the game. I thought it was like the best video game story ever. I played it twice in a row like literally right after I beat it the first time, haha.

And after my second playthrough I played SoA. While the story wasnt as deep and shocking, the characters and overworld to that game were amazing. I had a ton of fun exploring the world in an air ship, being able to build up my ship and make it stronger. I only wish that you could change its appearance : p But like to this day the characters in SoA are my favorite of any video game ever.

Im not sure which Id pick first, while I feel closer to SoA now, ToS still has a place in my heart too.

But anyways, I think the more interesting question would be which version of SoA would I keep and which one would I part with? : p

Perfect Dark is a first person shooter game for the N64, Im pretty sure by the same people that made Goldeneye. Its a really good game if you like FPS games, definitely one of the best N64 games. But you cant play it without an expansion pak. But it was my little brothers favorite game, and while I couldnt beat it myself, I watched him play it from beginning to end : p Its a really cool game, Id love to play it again one day.

I've not played that game, DS. What is the game about and which console did it come out on?

Moogi Beans above explained it, just a really good sci-fi FPS game built upon an already perfect Golden eye game on the N64. It also came out on Xbox live online service and remade for the Xbox 360 if you want to get it today without getting an old N64 or ROMing it.

Moogi Beans above explained it, just a really good sci-fi FPS game built upon an already perfect Golden eye game on the N64. It also came out on Xbox live online service and remade for the Xbox 360 if you want to get it today without getting an old N64 or ROMing it.

Remade on the 360? Is it physical or digital? Id like to play it : p

Skyrim :') its story isn't the best in the Elder Scrolls series, but it's not bad at all and I enjoyed it thoroughly. It's the game I most treasure because it was the first game I played that literally changed my whole experience in gaming. I felt so immersed at the time, probably because it was my first Elder Scrolls game, and it was an amazing experience overall.

The stuff from The Last of Us really gives me goosebumps.
Game sounds great but it's an exclusive sadly, and I seriously have doubts that I would purchase an entirely new system for one game. That's why I haven't touched these exclusives, even after they made sequels that were ported to the PC. I couldn't follow the story so I don't even bother.

Spyro on PS1 for definite. Was a gift from my Grandma, and my first game - every other game we had were shared between me and my brother, same as the PS1 itself and our Gameboy Pocket. Spent many hours on that game.

Another would probably be Nightfire on PS2. I sunk a lot of time into that game in 4 player split screen mode with my friends and family crowded around the screen accusing each other of watching each others screen and all round having a good time.

Spyro on PS1 for definite. Was a gift from my Grandma, and my first game - every other game we had were shared between me and my brother, same as the PS1 itself and our Gameboy Pocket. Spent many hours on that game.

Another would probably be Nightfire on PS2. I sunk a lot of time into that game in 4 player split screen mode with my friends and family crowded around the screen accusing each other of watching each others screen and all round having a good time.

007 nightfire? I enjoyed that game as well.

GTA Vice City has a special place in my heart. It was the first GTA title that I ever played and it was one of the best for me. Back then, I loved GTA because of the fact you could just drive any car, anywhere you wanted. I still love that game.

Back