Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
When or if Nintendo comes out with a mini N64, what games do you hope to see on the console?

I think the vast majority of the games that will go on there will be the handful of first party titles people care about, and the games made by Rare. There's going to be a couple of exceptions to those two, but that's basically 90% of the N64 games that the vast majority of people care about.

I think the vast majority of the games that will go on there will be the handful of first party titles people care about, and the games made by Rare. There's going to be a couple of exceptions to those two, but that's basically 90% of the N64 games that the vast majority of people care about.

I doubt we will see any Rare games due to licensing issues, never know but I doubt it.

DK is more Nintendo based than Rare. I'm talking more of no Banjo or James Bond/Perfect Dark.

You never know, though if you take out Rare, it's going to be almost entirely Nintendo games unless they throw some obscure stuff in there. Tbh the N64 doesn't have a very diverse library of games, especially when it comes to the most popular ones.

You never know, though if you take out Rare, it's going to be almost entirely Nintendo games unless they throw some obscure stuff in there. Tbh the N64 doesn't have a very diverse library of games, especially when it comes to the most popular ones.

Nintendo was apparently a nazi back in the day with what got made and what lived up to their standards, that's mostly why its lacking anything outside of 1st party.

Nintendo was apparently a nazi back in the day with what got made and what lived up to their standards, that's mostly why its lacking anything outside of 1st party.

A lot of the reason the first parties left was because it still used cartridges, and was difficult to program. The Saturn was a nightmare to program for. Developers moved over to the PlayStation because it used discs, and was easy to program for.

Most of Nintendo’s Nazi tactics was during the NES era, but if the AVGN taught us anything, that Nintendo Seal of Quality meant absolutely nothing sometimes. By the 32 but era, it was mostly due to cartridge limitations.

A lot of the reason the first parties left was because it still used cartridges, and was difficult to program. The Saturn was a nightmare to program for. Developers moved over to the PlayStation because it used discs, and was easy to program for.

Most of Nintendo’s Nazi tactics was during the NES era, but if the AVGN taught us anything, that Nintendo Seal of Quality meant absolutely nothing sometimes. By the 32 but era, it was mostly due to cartridge limitations.

yes, that too, which led to the odd GC discs. But I'm pretty sure Nintendo kept up its harsh tactics till the N64 era.

yes, that too, which led to the odd GC discs. But I'm pretty sure Nintendo kept up its harsh tactics till the N64 era.

I don't think so, most of the Nazi stuff was the whole censorship deal (which mostly disappeared after the ESRB came out), and the whole deal that if you wanted to make games for Nintendo, you could only make games for Nintendo. That's why the Mastersystem didn't do well in the US, because Nintendo had a (later found illegal) monopoly on third party game developers. That's why you started seeing more multi-plats by the SNES/Genesis era.

Anything else, I've never heard anyone ever mention that.

I don't think so, most of the Nazi stuff was the whole censorship deal (which mostly disappeared after the ESRB came out), and the whole deal that if you wanted to make games for Nintendo, you could only make games for Nintendo. That's why the Mastersystem didn't do well in the US, because Nintendo had a (later found illegal) monopoly on third party game developers. That's why you started seeing more multi-plats by the SNES/Genesis era.

Anything else, I've never heard anyone ever mention that.

this is kind of what I was talking about:

Why Do Third Parties Hate Nintendo? | oprainfall

I think I posted something long ago I'm trying to dig up on this subject.

this is kind of what I was talking about:

Why Do Third Parties Hate Nintendo? | oprainfall

I think I posted something long ago I'm trying to dig up on this subject.

I knew most of the stuff, like the 5 games a year during the NES era and the Tengen deal. Didn’t know about the whole Nintendo Power part. Everything I’ve ever seen was about the N64 using the cartridge and the programming of it causing people to leave, and that left people soured on the GameCube. Sort of like how a lot of developers were soured with Sega by the time the Dreamcast came out.

Back