Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Gaming retailer GameStop is cutting down on its inventory, removing PSP games from a quarter of its stores, Kotaku has learned.

"The consolidation is occurring to maximize the merchandising space in the smallest 25% of stores," a GameStop representative told Kotaku. "It will also provide a greater assortment in those stores that will continue to carry the category."

This may be one sign that the aging (and underperforming) PSP is on its way out in North America. Sony released the handheld's successor, PlayStation Vita, this February.

GameStop will continue to sell PSP games at its bigger locations and on its website, GameStop.com.

source

So I wonder what they do with all those games?

It was going to happen sooner or later considering Sony virtually abandoned the PSP.

I bet people just go to ToysRus, Walmart, Amazon, eBay, and other places to buy a PSP.

I wonder if the PSP Vita does not sell well in the future, would Gamespot just use the space to sell Nintendo 3DS, Gaming PC, iPhones, iPads, Google Android Smartphones and Tablets, and the Amazon Kindle Fire.

They might also use the space to sell the Wii U when it is released since the Wii U will possibly be as popular as the Wii when it is released since there are now tons of casual gamers who don't own the PS3 Move, and dislike the Kinect because they don't have the room for playing it.

The PSP has been down in sales for a long time now, Sony basically abandoned it which pissed a lot of people off.

they put the games on ebay?
Oh you mean when GameStop fully discontinues them. They probably give it to employees or something. The GBA has virtually disappeared. All you can find are shitty games, which they will most likely sell in bulk online, or give it away.

The majority of quality PSP games are available to play on Vita, many have not made the jump but I imagine its only a matter of time before all digital PSP releases are compatible with the Vita

Back