Gen AI now does videos too.

Burnsy

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

I have no idea how it's being developed so fast. Chat GPT and AI art just came out last YEAR and it was one of the most incredible inventions I'd ever seen. Now we're here already at this point.

At least they didn't release it to the public.

Once it gets the fingers then I will be interested.

We are slowly screwing ourselves so much it truly is not funny.
Only part I hate is how they made GPT and image generators available for everyone to use. Possibly millions of jobs might have been lost or fail to be created because of it. Make people aware before unleashing it fully.

Hopefully, online video sites won't be mostly full of low quality AI generated video in the future which would make sites like YouTube have a worst user experience if AI generated video get high search rankings in YouTube, Google, and other sites, and push better and older videos to the second or farther search result pages which make viewers have a harder time looking for a certain video because the search results are full of AI generated videos, and those text to speech videos which read whole text articles with a text to speach program.

Last edited:
Hopefully, online video sites won't be mostly full of low quality AI generated video in the future which would make sites like YouTube have a worst user experience if AI generated video get high search rankings in YouTube, Google, and other sites, and push better and older videos to the second or farther search result pages which make viewers have a harder time looking for a certain video because the search results are full of AI generated videos, and those text to speech videos which read whole text articles with a text to speach program.

Tbh it can't be worse than what's on YT now.

Only part I hate is how they made GPT and image generators available for everyone to use. Possibly millions of jobs might have been lost or fail to be created because of it. Make people aware before unleashing it fully.

Higher ups couldn't care less what people thought if they can get stuff done for free.

Higher ups couldn't care less what people thought if they can get stuff done for free.

I'd love for Open AI to just turn off chatgpt for a month for some worker's solidarity so that all the companies that did that get absolutely shafted.

I think they were probably already developing it years ago and now since chatgpt blew up, they decided to release the rest of the ai features like ai images and videos. That’s just my two cents though.

We are slowly screwing ourselves so much it truly is not funny.
I believe AI can be used for good but people have to realize if humans are the teachers & AI learns from us, we will be screwed! Humans are not good moral examples.

I wonder what will happen to the many AI generated video files if not enough people enjoy watching AI generated video which can mean AI generated video is not very profitable for AI video companies who generate AI video and free ad- supported websites like YouTube and Dailymotion which host AI generated videos and human-made videos for free on free video sharing websites to earn most of their money from ads and sponsorship deals.

I feel some free video sites and social networks may not allow AI generated video if AI generated video use too much of the website storage space by uploading many millions of videos per day, and not enough people want to watch most AI videos even if it is free to watch because the AI video's plot, settings, and characters/hosts may not be as good as most video created by a group of more talented people, or video creators with a large fanbase.

Last edited:
I wonder what will happen to the many AI generated video files if not enough people enjoy watching AI generated video which can mean AI generated video is not very profitable for AI video companies who generate AI video and free ad- supported websites like YouTube and Dailymotion which host AI generated videos and human-made videos for free on free video sharing websites to earn most of their money from ads and sponsorship deals.

I feel some free video sites and social networks may not allow AI generated video if AI generated video use too much of the website storage space by uploading many millions of videos per day, and not enough people want to watch most AI videos even if it is free to watch because the AI video's plot, settings, and characters/hosts may not be as good as most video created by a group of more talented people, or video creators with a large fanbase.
The problem with AI-generated content is it's automated. Sponge AI can still exist and most people who don't filter the content they watch wouldn't care.

Back