Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Welcome to the GF Guide Book, here you will find answers and instructions to make the most of the GF forum. It's going to take awhile to fully map out and get instructions written up, but keep checking back. If you have any questions ask in this board but DO NOT reply in this topic. Since many posts are sure to be made, below is a index of links quickly leading to the posts.

[SIZE= px]GF Guide Book Topics Index[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 12px]A index leading to all topics in this guide book board, GF does not own this code nor claim it and was found on the internet.[/SIZE]

Legend:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0-9 | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[SIZE= 36px]0-9[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]A[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 36px]B[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]C[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]D[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]E[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]F[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]G[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]H[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]I[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]J[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]K[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]L[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]M[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]N[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]O[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]P[/SIZE]

[SIZE= 36px]Q[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]R[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]S[/SIZE]

Signature

Shards

[SIZE= 36px]T[/SIZE]

Theme

Tags

[SIZE= 36px]U[/SIZE]

Usergroups

Username

[SIZE= 36px]V[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]W[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]X[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]Y[/SIZE]
[SIZE= 36px]Z[/SIZE]

Signature & Avatar

Here at GF, you may include images and links in your Signature. You can put as many as you wish but do not go over board, if you put too many that extends or stretches the page too much you will be asked to reduce what you have.

To get to the Signature edit box, go to the upper right of the board where you see your username and click on it to bring up a drop down box. Once the box appears click on 'My settings'.

Once that loads there will be a side bar full of options. Just scroll down the page till you see 'Signature' and begin to put in your image(s) or link(s). Just mind the GF rules when filling out your sig area.

For avatar you can upload a image that will appear all over the forum and be resized to the correct size limit. To upload or link a image, go to the upper right of the GF board to see your user name and click on it to bring down a drop down box. Click on 'My settings' and once the page loads you will see a left side menu full of options.

You should already be on the correct one which is 'profile settings' and right at the very top there should be a button saying 'change your photo' click on it to bring up options to change your avatar.

If you need help with this please contact staff.

Back to top.

Theme (aka Skin)

Here at Gamingforce, I only wish for the best viewing and browsing experience you can have on a forum and if you like me then you either like light skins or dark skins and as for me (Demon_skeith) I like dark skins best. So the GF forum offers multiple skins to use to browse this forum which all range from dark to light and in-between.

To select the different skins, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the forum page and it don't matter which page your on and in the lower left hand corner you will see the words 'Change Theme'.

Click on 'Change Theme' and a drop down list will appear and just select a skin name that sounds cool to you.

Back to top.

Here at GF and with any other forum, you have your own user profile which can be accessed through by clicking your username or going up to your username drop down box in the upper right hand corner and selecting 'my profile'.
Your profile page will list everything from your usergroup, to shard points, age, likes, reputation, people who viewed your profile, friends, ect.

It will also give you a left column which further expands on many things like reputation, awards, ect. It is also where you can give twitter like updates which can be done under the 'profile feed' and will also appear in the main index side bar for all to see.
Now by click the 'edit profile' button in the upper right hand corner of your profile page or going to your username drop down bar and selecting 'my settings' you will be taken to the profile edit page.

Here you can change any and all info that shows up on your profile page. You can also upload a background image to really customize your profile page and make it stand out from others. To upload a image, while in the user CP look at the left column to see 'profile customization' and follow the steps to upload or link a image.
Skies the limit when editing your profile page here on GF, so go crazy and have fun! Remember to keep all info and pics age appropriate and don't post anything you don't want anyone seeing or needs to see.

Back to top.

Shards (aka forum money)

Here at Gamingforce we have a small storefull of a few forum items, advertising items and able to buy a PSN, Wii/3DS, and Xbox online credit card. To buy these you must have this forum's currency which is Shards. Here is how you get them:
  • Win contests
  • post topics and make replys (see below for amount for what you get.)
  • rack up arcade scores (See below for more details)
  • get referrals for this forum and have them make at least one post
  • use a store item to steal other peoples shards
  • Make donations to the forum (See below for rates.)
  • confirm your email
  • make helpful suggestions to the forum
  • prove you've been advertising the forum

Amount you get per post:
http://gamingforce.u...forumshards.png
Arcade scores:
Get 5000 shards per 5 arcade high scores that you have held for 7 days, get 30,000 shards per 25 high scores that you have held for 7 days, get 450,000 shards per 50 high scores that you have held for 7 days.
So it works like this, lets say I have five high scores in the arcade on five different games which nobody has taken in the last 7 or more days. In exchange for getting those deleted you will get the shard amount. Also, you can not keep going after the same games time after time.

For donations: (via paypal.)

1 = 1000 shards
10 = 12,000 shards
20 = 50,000 shards
35 = 750,000 shards

I hope this helps you earn many shards here on the GF forum. More options to come soon.

Back to top.

Gaming Tags

Hello GF member if your reading this reply it means that you are a gamer who most likely has either a Xbox live account, Steam or a PSN account. If you play long and hard each day you most likely have racked up a lot of achievements or trophies that you want to share and as such you can grab a widget code from the Xbox or sony site. But here on GF we already have a mod in place that will quickly insert your Live or PSN stats at the bottom of your sig which all requires you to put in your gamertag or PSN name. To do this:

Click on your username on the upper right hand corner of the forum, on the drop down box click 'my settings'. Once the page loads you should have a left column list and near the button there should be text saying 'Live/PSN' just click that. Once the page loads simply enter your gamertag or PSN name.

For gamertag at this time you can customize the look by selecting the custom option from the drop down menu. If your PSN doesn't show up just head to the sony site to refresh your trophy stats to make it show.

If you need further help contact staff.

-DS

back to top.

Usergroup Info

Here on GF, we have many usergroups that you will advance into the more you are active on the forum. Each group will have it's own perks and limits so it's best to read over each group.
Zero Gamer (the new member group)

This usergroup has many restrictions and little perks.
You can't post HTML
You can't customize your profile
Can only store 10 notifications
Can only send 2 PMs in a 24 period.
Can only rep 3 times a day
Can't edit your signature till you have been here for one day
can't remove 'edit by' when editing a post.
can't change username
Can only play 5 games in the arcade perday

Phantom Gamer (You need 25 posts to advance to this usergroup.)

You can post HTML
You can customize your profile
Can only store 50 notifications
Can only send 15 PMs in a 24 period.
Can only rep 10 times a day
Can edit your signature
can change username
Can play as many games in the arcade perday as you wish upon making 2 posts in a 24 hour span.

Spartan Gamer (you need 200 posts to advance to this usergroup

Can only store 150 notifications
Can only send 50 PMs in a 24 period.
Can only rep 100 times a day

Hardcore Gamer (you need 500 posts to advance to this usergroup)
Can only store 300 notifications
Send as many PMs as you want
Can only rep 250 times a day

Elite Gamer (you need 750 posts to advance to this usergroup plus have earned 6 award images. Contact an admin upon meeting requirements.)
Can only store 350 notifications
Can only rep 300 times a day

Nova Gamer (you need 1000 posts and 12 award images to advance to this usergroup. Contact an admin upon meeting requirements)
Can only store 400 notifications
Can only rep 400 times a day
This group earns double the amount of shards from posts and topics.

--- Advance --- (need staff approval; must be on here many years.)

Eternal Gamer (you need to be on the forum for at least a year after reaching Nova gamer and have staff approval to gain this usergroup)

Store unlimited notifications
Give 1000 rep a day
Remove 'edit by' when editing a post
Get access to a secret forum board
No requirements to play arcade games
Be next in line for when the site needs a new staff member
This group earns triple the amount of shards from posts and topics.

Graceful Gamer

Our oldest member's personal group, are you good enough to get into this group? Only he may decide.
This group holds all the benefits of Eternal Gamer.

--- Staff --- (those who watch and protect the members of GF.)
GF Website Staff

These guys maintain our website. PM Demon_skeith if you like to help out the website.

Uber Game Mod

Our faithful mods which the name is based on our first and oldest moderator.

Game God Admin

Fear and quake as this is the highest usergroup on the forum, my group where I DS reside. All forum matters are handled by this group.

Retired Gamers

This group is where those who were staff on GF but have since retired. They have all the perks of Eternal gamer user group.

back to top.

Username

If you like to change your username name on this forum, go to 'my settings' which can be reached by clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner and on the left hand column click 'change display name' to bring up the page in order to change your username.

You can only do this once a day and everything you change it please announce it here.

Thanks this was really helpful. i was wondering how to do this for the longest, until I just gave up and was like whatever.

That "edit by" tag line is a bit annoying and I need to post some 1000 posts to get into the user group, that can remove that huh?  :(

alakazam said:
That and be on the forum for at least as year, as far as I understand it... :squint:
Eeeeh?  Well, that sure takes some time( to reach that group that is) :(

Demon_Skeith said:
Just a security thing for the edit line.
I see >.> 

Back