Ghost In The Shell

DarkKirby14

Gamer Who Should Be Around More
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
User Title Change
overall, it was an okay movie. The 6.9/10 from IMDB sounds about right. Scarlett Johannsen was absolutely brilliant in this movie, but wouldn't have been my first choice. The other actors are what held it back a few pegs. The presentation and visuals were phenomenal. It wasn't the best adaptation, but there have certainly been worse. I'm looking at you, Super Mario Bros. Movie

I was going to go see it tonight, but I needed to stay home and take a long over due nap :squint:

I'll have to check it out soon though.

Ok, I really think this movie is underrated, it was a nice adaptation, every GiTS movie/series has it's own interpretation of the manga, the movie director takes all those interpretations and mix them all in his own vision of the GiTS universe, the cyberpunk setting was pretty awesome, it's a gorgeous looking movie and the editing was on point, Clint Mansell and Lorne Balfe gave the perfect music for the movie and Scarlett Johannson was pretty good for the role. The thing I didn't like was the villain, the movie had two villains, the first one was pretty nice, the hacking thing, the mistery and all that, but then they find out the story of that one and the villain turns out to be other person that has the stereotypical american villain "let's make it a weapon" wow, so unique, writers, really good one.

Overall, the movie was great for me, I really loved it. I want you guys to remember that the movie is GREAT but because of adaptation terms, remember we live in the world where Dragon Ball Evolution exists, the movie it's a step forward for manga adaptations from hollywood. I think the movie lived up to the hype.

Back