Ghostbusters (2020)

VirusZero

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, it looks like Sony has decided to continue making Ghostbuster movies afterall. This time it's a direct sequel to 1989's Ghostbusters 2. It eschews 2016's flop of a movie.
This movie will be helmed by former Ghostbuster's director Ivan Reitman's son... Jason Reitman. No word yet on the cast of the movie or the plot or anything like that.

They have, however, showed off a trailer for the new movie:

I don't see this being good either, if you want me to be honest. Ghostbusters 2 wasn't even that good of a sequel. In fact I couldn't tell you a thing about Ghostbusters 2, even though I've seen it like twice. And if I'm being even more honest, I feel the same way about the original Ghostbusters movie. It had a few good jokes and scenes, but the movie was pretty forgettable. I feel like the same could be said about the 2016 Ghostbusters movie as well; a few good jokes, but mostly forgettable. Only difference is people weren't looking at it with nostalgia glasses.

That said, I'm hope I'm wrong. I hope this movie is really good and worth seeing. We'll just find out once we learn more about the movie.

Hopefully it turns out better.

Well, I'm looking forward to it. I would like to see an official trailer and not just the teaser.

Trailer Is Up and it's called Ghostbusters: Afterlife:

I haven't watched it although I did watch the original ones from the 1980's. Set 32 years after the events of the second movie. A single mother with her two kids move to a small town where they learn of their grandfather's secret legacy.
Looks like they'll have some of the old characters back with Dan Akyroyd, Sigourney Weaver, etc. I loved the original one in the 1980's & may catch this one.
Did anybody end up watching it? What did you think?

Back