Ghostbusters reboot just released its trailer

epic back hand bitch slap is epic.

Anyways, I thought they were making one with all males then the female one?

They are doing redo still. Theme song is still going to be used from the old movie. And the car! Well definitely not the same. Keep in mind folks that one of the original guys from the other movie died in 2015 at a age of in his 60s RIP

Keep in mind folks that one of the original guys from the other movie died in 2015 at a age of in his 60s RIP
Bill Murray isn't doing too well either. If they do make a male version reboot, I doubt they will be using the same actors.

And I have no idea how come they didn't get the rights for all the characters. I guess the same way in which Deadpool didn't get the rights to show more of the X-Men mutants. Or maybe they just lacked the budget.

It's not that they couldn't get rights to use the characters... (Sony owns Columbia studios, who is producing this movie. So they have all the rights to the characters.) It's just they chose not to use them. (Or like Deadpool's reasoning with the X-men, they didn't want to spend more of the budget to CGI him in there.)
I mean it would kinda not be so good if they just retreaded all the same stuff. Plus we kind of got a conclusion to the original Ghostbusters arcs with the videogame on PS3/360/PC and the IDW comics. (The game acts as a third movie which connects both movie 1 and 2. Then the comics wraps up the story with Gozer's siblings coming into play.)

Also, the fan-edit trailer is better...

As I said on my own site...
Not going to lie, that trailer doesn't exactly look promising. I'm not fond of the remixed version of the Ghostbusters theme to begin with. The only possibly funny part from the trailer is when Leslie Jones character slaps Melissa's character and says "The power of patty compels you". (Which I only laughed the first time because I misheard her and thought she said "the power of pain"...)

But a lot of the rest was cringeworthy (like when they reveal the car before it was the ecto-1) also the new gadgets (the handguns and wrist-things) look really out of place. I'm also not really sold on the new pack design to begin with either and they already have extra attachments... Ugh. Reeks of marketing and merchandising interference.
The ghosts waver between interesting looking (like the blue ghost at the first) and terrible (the lanky pinstriped one later on).

One thing I definitely noticed which I understand anyway (probably rejected) the fire station. Back then the when the two movies was made they used abandoned old station that wasn't in use, years after the second movie it was once again being used as a fire station and still today it's a real fire station. This movie isn't using the same building which they can't film there because it's a fire station

Not necessarily (if they wanted Patrick Steward's image, but he couldn't for scheduling reasons, and/or they wanted him to appear a certain age then yes...) But in that case, I probably should have added this in there in my original post, there is also the fact they didn't want to pay for more actors. They were trying to produce the movie on a more limited budget.

Oh yeah, I forgot this movie even existed. It's weird to think that it's almost 2 years old already. I still haven't seen it, but I remember when people were crapping on the trailer I got a lot of flack for saying the original Ghostbusters isn't even that good, and I stand by that. It had a few funny scenes, but I just didn't think it was that good. And I think that's what this movie is. It has a few good scenes, but the rest is just bad.

Back