Given up?

WitchAssassin

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Username Style
Unlock full profile styling
Have you ever grown tired of a particular video game and given up on it before you were able to beat/finish the game? Why or why not?

I gave up on two before, they were becoming so tedious with level grinding I didn't want to bother.

I don't remember giving up on a game. There's been a few cases where it's taken me a while to beat a game though.

That would be a good excuse for giving up on a game, D_S. I would have given up on those games as well for the same reason.

the very first time I played this game called 'dark souls'. I thought it was an easy game, but it was tough. Way too difficult for me to attempt to beat the game. Ended up putting it on hold. When I watched videos online of how to defeat certain bosses & to get far in some levels, I suddenly gave it up. Sold the game to a friend. and he couldn't even beat the game too. this marks one of many games that I could not beat.

It's not very often I don't finish a game for some reason. But when I don't finish a game, it's because it was too difficult or the game was nothing like I thought it was going to be and so I got bored with it enough that I don't finish it.

It's not very often I don't finish a game for some reason. But when I don't finish a game, it's because it was too difficult or the game was nothing like I thought it was going to be and so I got bored with it enough that I don't finish it.

There's always the difficulty adjustment, well not always. :p

The only one that comes to mind currently is Mighty No. 9. It has so many beginners traps that it's not even fun to learn like Mega Man. I guess I'd also say Paper Mario Color Splash. It came out at a bad time where I preferred other games and just haven't gone back to it. I still plan on beating it eventually.

the very first time I played this game called 'dark souls'. I thought it was an easy game, but it was tough. Way too difficult for me to attempt to beat the game. Ended up putting it on hold. When I watched videos online of how to defeat certain bosses & to get far in some levels, I suddenly gave it up. Sold the game to a friend. and he couldn't even beat the game too. this marks one of many games that I could not beat.

So did your friend end up selling the game too/again?

The only one that comes to mind currently is Mighty No. 9. It has so many beginners traps that it's not even fun to learn like Mega Man. I guess I'd also say Paper Mario Color Splash. It came out at a bad time where I preferred other games and just haven't gone back to it. I still plan on beating it eventually.

Not that you mention it, I have Paper Mario Color Splash as well and I don't recall if I've beaten it or not. I have to agree with you though, I think it didn't come out at a good time. I'll have to go back to it and play it.

So did your friend end up selling the game too/again?
nope, he ended up just keeping the game. He's stuck at a part where you gotta kill this queen spider type lady. Its like a female human body attached to a big spider. He could not defeat her. I couldn't even get past the area called 'blighttown'

Once I got a long delivery (1500km) in Euro Truck Simulator 2 and got bored at the middle of it and quit. Anyway, I finished it the next day.

I'm sure there is.
yep. there is. But by the time I looked it up, i've already sold the game over to my friend, who still hasn't beaten that specific boss, he's just letting the disc collect dust. haha

I would try to look it up or find a walthrough. Something.
You know, I borrowed a copy from my other friend, this time the remastered version on ps4. (dark souls)
I am familiar with it this time, and know where to go. Hopefully the bosses are not too difficult. I hate getting the screen 'you died' and then you start completely over! haha. But I do hear it is a satisfying once you beat the game.

It's always satisfying to know you've beaten a game. Especially if it was a difficult game to beat in the first place.

Back