Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music

Do you believe employees should give a 2 week notice upon quitting their job? Or leave/burn bridges?

Yes, because if you don't, you run the risk of being put on that company's do not rehire list (yes, thats a thing).

If you don’t want to work there ever again, I don’t see anything wrong with burning bridges. If it was an amicable split, it’d be a common courtesy to give a two week notice.

Do you believe employees should give a 2 week notice upon quitting their job? Or leave/burn bridges?

Based!.

But make sure you quit after getting your salary because (at least here) they can garnish your last 2 weeks of wages as an option over waiting 2 weeks.

Companies also hold compensation they you've technically 'earned' but don't pay up till you complete some amount of time so if you leave you forfeit that and other bullshit helps keep a leash on employees.

I never burned any bridges, I always gave a 2-week notice. My grandfather said if you work for a set pay, then you should give it 100%. And if you're going to leave to give a 2-week notice and that stuck with me all my life.

Companies also hold compensation they you've technically 'earned' but don't pay up till you complete some amount of time so if you leave you forfeit that and other bullshit helps keep a leash on employees.

Honestly you can't blame companies for this, you can't have people join up a little bit and then run with money. Though at my company it is six years before you keep all 401k investments which sucks >_>

I have always given my 2 week notice. Even if I'm not respected there, does not mean I have to not have respect for myself in doing the right thing.

I think the best practices is to give notice to the employees before taking any action.

It is mandatory by law in my country. If you don't do that you won't be payed extra month they are obligated to pay you. You are telling them in advance because they need to find a replacement for you. It's fair enough. Unless we are talking about some garbage boss and "company" where they sell burgers who treated you like sh!t.

I've never understood why an employee has to give the company a 2 week notice when they leave, however, the company can let you go that day if they want to fire you or they experience a lay off. I don't see that is fair. If they aren't going to give you time to get your crap together then why should I return the favor? I think respect is a 2 way street. You can't tell me to respect you when you wouldn't do the same for me.

If I liked the job and/or I want to keep the doors open in the event I have to go back for some reason, then I'm more than happy to give them a 2 week notice. If I have no plans whatsoever of going back there ever again, I won't bother giving them a 2 week notice.

I've never understood why an employee has to give the company a 2 week notice when they leave, however, the company can let you go that day if they want to fire you or they experience a lay off. I don't see that is fair. If they aren't going to give you time to get your crap together then why should I return the favor? I think respect is a 2 way street. You can't tell me to respect you when you wouldn't do the same for me.

If I liked the job and/or I want to keep the doors open in the event I have to go back for some reason, then I'm more than happy to give them a 2 week notice. If I have no plans whatsoever of going back there ever again, I won't bother giving them a 2 week notice.

Things in life are always strange.

They can't lie about why they fired you, though. If you've never caused a problem and had good reports, they need a reason to fire you because it's considered illegal.

Back