GL Update 6/1

Good job putting this all together on your own, I've not been around to help at all recently - sorry for that. Had a lot on with family and life and just really not enjoyed gaming either as of late. Feel free to drop some tasks on me if needed, lets get things perfect for E3.

Good job putting this all together on your own, I've not been around to help at all recently - sorry for that. Had a lot on with family and life and just really not enjoyed gaming either as of late. Feel free to drop some tasks on me if needed, lets get things perfect for E3.

Just can check things over, get use to the new system and let me know if you think there is anything that needs to be done or focus on reported issues at the moment :)

full

It's a new month! It's a new forum! It's Eeeeeeeeeeeee3 time! And many many many updates on the GL forums.

Welcome everyone to the sixth update of the year! Lots to do so lets just get into it with...

---- Of the Month ----

Congrats to LEGEND67 LEGEND67 for the many posts which the topic of the month is : Super Smash Bros. has been recreated in Overwatch

---- Revamp complete ----

Welcome everyone to the new, the shiny, the next generation of Gaming Latest! Something that has been months in the work and a bit more costly than it should have…. But hey! Anything for my valued members! Sadly though, this upgrade is incomplete. Sadly, a number of addons/features are still in development and aren’t ready yet but will be soon! Some of them still requiring funding, which will take me a bit to beef up my bank to do so, but if anyone here wishes to donate, you may and gain special status if you wish! Contact me for further details.

Here is a quick rundown,

Video Game Posting Board v2 – the board addon that lets you look up a game and import its data. The addon is in testing stages and should be released soon with added features!

Super secret, GL only addon! - To give you a hint, we’ll have our own gamer card generator and a special widget to import your trophies from PSN/Steam!

Moods – Nothing made yet for Xenforo 2, but hopefully we can bring this back sometime this year

Side bar collapse – like moods, needs to be made for xenforo 2. Will return sometime this year!

Trophy images – all images are being reworked for a better appeal, updates on this soon!

Arcade no longer on main site – there is someone trying to make one for xenforo 2, but that could be ages and I know you guys won’t wait! So look below for the new improved arcade!

I am working on getting our custom board nodes back, this will take a bit of work.

I think that is it, let me know if you see anything missing!

----New skins!----

Yes, new skins since our old custom ones won’t work on xenforo 2, and sadly the skins I have aren’t custom (since custom skins start at a base price of $400 x_x ) but I do have two nice gaming skins for you all with a total of 15 variants between the two! Plus more if desired...

Modern Gamer – take your pick of colors or special current popular games, most of these skins are light color based.

Omni – special customized dark skins that I can change the color to! Many different ways to customize so let me know if you don’t like it in a certain way! They can also be made light.

I hope these skins keeps the look for the site fresh for everyone daily!

You can edit skins from your profile or clicking the skin name in the lower left hand corner of the current theme.

---Happy Birthday!---

Yes! Be sure to set your birthday in your profile and on your birthday, you will receive a special on the forum for everyone to celebrate your big day! Plus a credit bonus.

---Quick thread---

Quick Thread is a brand new system for XF2. Above the list of threads on a forum page you will find a title entry box. Focusing this box and starting to type a thread title will load a quick message editor, in which you can post the content for the first post of your new thread. Hitting the save button will then post the thread, leaving you on the forum page rather than redirecting you to the thread page. This makes the process of creating a new simple thread extremely quick and easy.

---Rules, Terms and Policy update----

All members are required to see and read this whole section right here: Terms and rules by using these forums you agree to all GL terms!

---Very mobile friendly---

With Xenforo 2.1 and our skins, the site should look great to all mobile devices both android and ios! If you have any issues please let me know.

----Arcade---

Sadly, since there is no arcade for Xenforo 2, we had to go off site with it and make it on a wordpress website. The good thing is, this is going to give us a lot more options then what we had. I will actually be able to set tournaments and special game rounds to better enjoy our thousand capable arcade system!

Now you’re thinking, oh great I have to sign up again. WRONG! I have invested into a neat little bridge that has ported all your user information into the wordpress website for seamless moving around. You may have to login once but that should be it.

At the time of this posting I have not done much with the arcade, so everyone is free to check it out, I’m not sure what will happen.

---Discord---

Yes, as you know Discord is the future and Gaming Latest is also the future, so I have taken steps to merge our connection between the two. First off please join our server here:

and then from there the following features will soon be available to use (upon me configuring them in the coming days:

• Allows for XenForo user groups to be synced with Discord server roles. Essentially this allows you to automate the giving and removing of Discord server roles based on the groups that a XenForo user is part of. Users can associate their Discord identities with their XenForo usernames to establish a sync.
  • Discord nicknames can also be updated to match forum names.
  • Allow your users to register and sign up via Discord.
  • Send alerts to connected users and channels
  • Automatically post links to threads from XenForo forums to defined Discord channels as soon as they're posted. The user who posted the thread, the thread title, a short snippet and a link to the thread are included in the message.
  • New for XenForo 2.x: Automatically post links to resources from XenForo Resource Manager to defined Discord channels as soon as they're posted. The user who posted the resource, the resource title, a short snippet and a link to the resource are included in the message.
  • Allow staff members with permission to 'promote' links to threads to Discord channels.
  • Allow users to receive watch notifications from forums and threads they specify (in addition to emails and alerts). They will receive these notifications privately from your configured bot. There are plans for future expansion with 1-to-1 communication with the bot.
  • New for XenForo 2.x: The bot can now send XenForo alerts straight to your Discord DMs. All types of alerts are supported out of the box with zero configuration required.

Sadly I thought we also get a widget out of it, but it seems not, if you want a widget on the side bar let me know and I’ll look into it.

---Something for you lazes out there---

All posts will now be auto merged if made within 30 minutes of each other. Please note every forum software supports multi quote and edit features, lots of you should start learning how to use it :p

---Steam authentication---

Please note the steam authentication, which lets you hook your steam account and sign up with it on GL is currently disabled but will be activated within the week.

---Store and Credits system----

The new shop and credits system has been installed and a base amount of credit rewards have been setup. I got a few more to do, so I’ll post the amount in the coming days. But the more you are active, the more you get points!

Right now the shop is not active, but will be in a week or two. It will offer the usual amount plus other perks for our discord, arcade channel and some other things! Look forward to it!

---Gamer profiles---

This feature has been carried over, head over to your profile and fill in all your gamer tags and usernames to keep everyone in the loop of your gaming stats.

In the coming weeks we will have a pre-available images of avatars for you to use as well if you don’t have your own custom one.

That’s pretty much it, been working at this for a good 12 hours now, for a list of general xenforo 2 upgrades, see here:

XF 2.0 - What's new in XenForo 2.0

for xenforo 2.1 see here:

XF 2.1 - Welcome to XenForo 2.1 / Assorted improvements

So yeah, that is it for now! E3 2019 is so very close and I’m very proud to have Gaming Latest here where it is now to welcome it! I’ll post more about E3 next week.

I very strongly welcome all positive and feedback on this upgrade! I know things are a bit messy and not complete, but I think it’s good that I still have stuff to come out in the coming weeks and months for you folks. Again, I welcome all feedback, no matter how great or bad it is, please post here or in the feedback forum. As of right now, I haven't fully tested everything, so get to work beta testers :p

That's all for this update folks, thanks for posting on GL and I hope you all have a great month. E3 should be an exciting time and as always it’s busy for the forum! Look forward to it all!

Continue to enjoy the forum

---- Stats ----

We currently have 405,763 posts and 3,874 members. In this last month we made over 1,087 posts! And gained 40 members.
Everything looks great.
Still, its kinda hard to post stuff using my phone. It's just too slow. Could you please do something about it?

Everything looks great.
Still, its kinda hard to post stuff using my phone. It's just too slow. Could you please do something about it?

the site has been zipping along for me.

so a few questions, what skin are you using, have you cleared your browser cache? What browser are you using and what kind of internet connection do you have?

Omni theme is fast on my end. Does the site in general load slow or is it just unresponsive? Are other sites impacted?
I was using modern gamer purple theme. Now I have switched to Omni serene theme. Still, it's too slow.
the site has been zipping along for me.

so a few questions, what skin are you using, have you cleared your browser cache? What browser are you using and what kind of internet connection do you have?
I am using my mobile data and I have tried everything else too

what browser are you using? Have you cleared its data? Can you try at all on a wifi network?
I am using chrome.
I have restarted my device but it's still the same. I have tried my office wifi too and it's still the same

I am using chrome.
I have restarted my device but it's still the same. I have tried my office wifi too and it's still the same

try this:

but only clear the cache.

Back