Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
full

It's a new month! Gaming Latest is 14 years old! And new updates on the GL forums.

Welcome everyone to another update for the forum as we enter the eighth month of the year! As always, let us start with...

---- Of the Month ----

Member of the month goes froggyboy604 froggyboy604 for his many posts!

Topic of the month goes to: 2021 Tokyo Olympics

---- Happy Birthday Gaming Latest! ---

That's right! My join date does not lie, I started this forum 14 long years ago and we are still going! Stronger than ever! To celebrate, please see this topic: https://gaminglatest.com/threads/anniversary-auction-week-1.111394/

---- Anniversary Update 1: Username Styles ---

That's right, my username is red, sparkly and bold like my leadership! How did this happen? With a whole bunch of style options located right in the User CP! However, this must be unlocked in the GL store first, pay 3,000 GL points to get access to a wide rage of options. Once you buy it, please PM me to get the feature access :)

---- Anniversary Update 2: Contact us ---

Updated the contact us option for better messages to get to the staff, Revolved101 Foodie will be in charge of overseeing all the messages :)

---- Anniversary Update 3: New themes ---

Not one but two new themes! Well, kind of.

First off is the new customized version of the Bolt theme, this is the new default theme for the forum and you can find theme options like width choice at the bottom of the theme to the right. On the top you will find a light bulb that will make the theme dark or choose it from style theme list.

Next is the Ace theme, this is a new beta theme from Themehouse, it was free so I threw it on. Just like Bolt it comes with a dark version as well, since this theme is still a work in progress, some things don't show well on it.

On all themes, you will find custom node icons for all boards! These should match the color of the theme node icons to properly show new posts. For the GL sections, for a short time I'm using some old GF custom icons from the forum's very first custom theme:

full

Currently, the custom icons don't show well on the Ace theme, I am working on that.

All themes have new banners as well and as you noticed a new banner for this update topic and as you will see, for the weekly game updates.

Let me know any issues with the themes or better suggestion of the icons.

And the Modern Gamer theme has been retired.

---- Anniversary Update 4: Return of mini avys ---

A return of a past feature, whenever you @ at someone, a mini image of their avy will now appear.

---- Anniversary Update 5: Profile Youtube ---

You can now post one youtube video on your profile, you can set details under the preferences in your profile. Going for something great or funny, it may reward you ;)

---- Approved by Norton ---

As a reminder, seems Norton loves us! I plan on posting a special image in the footer to show focus on this! https://gaminglatest.com/threads/gaming-latest-promoted-on-nortons-web-safety-guide.111337/

---- July Awards ----

July is a hot hot month and as such five lucky top posters from last month have a sun award! Enjoy!

---- Want to be Staff----

Gaming Latest is at least looking for one moderator to join our ranks! If you're interested or know someone who is, please PM me and Foodie in the same PM. This may be free or paid depending on the skill sets and what the person offers for the forum.

---- Ten years ago----

Ten years ago we looked like this: https://gaminglatest.com/threads/gaming-latest-gamingforce-ten-years-ago.111387/ what a bad look right? :p

That's all for this update! I hope everyone is staying safe and staying cool! Thanks for those who have stuck around for so long, those who join us and please enjoy Gaming Latest's 14th year! Until the 15th birthday!

We currently have 452,715 posts and 4,186 members. In this last month we made over 1,577 posts! We also gained 18 new members!

Happy Birthday to Gaming Latest.

Thanks for the updates, and thank you for making me Member of the Month.

I prefer square avatars than round ones, cause that's what I grew up with! If you can, at least keep an option to use square avatars if there are those who prefer round ones!

I missed out on a lot of things here.
Not sure, why I got so busy all of a sudden and probably because of my job change (_ _)

Back