Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
A technical glitch led Walmart to mark down a ton of brand new video games early this morning, and as a result, some lucky shoppers got their hands on $60 games like Grand Theft Auto V and Battlefield 4 for just $18 each.

The glitch, which led Walmart's website to show super-cheap prices for many products this morning, has since been fixed, and handwaved by Walmart as a "technical error." Although Walmart hasn't yet answered whether they'll be honoring all of the orders put through last night, some people were able to order items and pick them up at their local stores today.

Some say they got Walmart to honor really crazy deals—like monitors for $9 and $2,000 TVs for just a few hundred bucks—but we could only confirm the games. Kotaku reader David sent in some photos (above) of his own haul—two copies of Battlefield 4 and two copies of Pokémon X/Y.3

A whole bunch of gamers have gathered in a thread on the CheapAssGamer forums to talk about what they've snagged. One savvy shopper brought the Walmart glitch to Target and convinced them to price-match four brand new games for $18 each.45

We've reached out to Walmart to find out if they'll be honoring all of the orders.
source

someone is so fired.

It's such a shame that I couldn't take advantage of that wonderful deal to buy very expensive items for cheap.
For all we know, it could just be a publicity stunt to attract new customers.

I agree this could be a publicity stunt by Wal-Mart to attract new buyers, or to get a lot of free backlinks from blogs, forums, and news websites which would boost their search rankings on Google, Bing, and Yahoo, so more people visit Walmart.com from search engines, or by clicking a link on a website.

It is also odd that this is happening before the Xbox One, and PS4 launch, so it could be a way to remind gamers that Walmart sell game consoles, games, and electronics since some people don't know Walmart sells electronics, and think they mostly sell clothes, and home items like lightbulbs, smoke alarms, and hammers.

This could be a quick way to sell a lot of stuff taking up space in at stores to make room for newer consoles like the PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U which need a lot of space if you include the space for the games, and accessories at stores and ware houses which most likely be all full of PS4, Xbox One, Games for next gen consoles, and the accessories which will sell out fast, and need to be quickly restocked at the local Walmarts' electronics section.

Wal-Mart may have lost money, but it most likely wouldn't matter much to Wal-Mart's owners since they earn so much money by selling a lot of cheap stuff made in Cheap countries like China, Mexico and India, paying  workers low wages, and unpaid overtime for work done after a worker is done his shift.

They most likely had only a few items on sale since people rarely go to Wal-Mart to buy $2000 TVs, PC monitors, and electronics, so Wal-mart probably just have a few items in stock at Wal-Mart stores for the few who go to Wal-mart to buy expensive TVs and monitors, and not much electronics in stock at the shipping warehouse. Most of the items would probably go on sale at Black Friday and Christmas Sales anyways, so there would be less items on sale on Black Friday, so Wal-Mart won't lose much or any money.

The Wal-Mart near where I live does not have a lot of electronics which are nice, or in stock a lot of the times, and few people go into the electronics section at Wal-Mart because the stuff in the electronics section is full of devices which people already have like DVD players, landline phones, and Stereos.

froggyboy604 said:
Wal-Mart may have lost money, but it most likely wouldn't matter much to Wal-Mart's owners since they earn so much money by selling a lot of cheap stuff made in Cheap countries like China, Mexico and India, paying  workers low wages, and unpaid overtime for work done after a worker is done his shift.

They most likely had only a few items on sale since people rarely go to Wal-Mart to buy $2000 TVs, PC monitors, and electronics, so Wal-mart probably just have a few items in stock at Wal-Mart stores for the few who go to Wal-mart to buy expensive TVs and monitors, and not much electronics in stock at the shipping warehouse. Most of the items would probably go on sale at Black Friday and Christmas Sales anyways, so there would be less items on sale on Black Friday, so Wal-Mart won't lose much or any money.

The Wal-Mart near where I live does not have a lot of electronics which are nice, or in stock a lot of the times, and few people go into the electronics section at Wal-Mart because the stuff in the electronics section is full of devices which people already have like DVD players, landline phones, and Stereos.
Oh they are crying, I can assure you. They hate giving employees money raises and to lose money on a deal like this no doubt made them break one of their fancy items out of rage.

I wonder if it was a virus made by an unhappy employee, Anonymous or hacker who was mad at Wal-Mart, and the virus made all the cool items like GTA V, Pokemon, expensive TVs, PC monitors, and other nicer tech items go on sale.

Guys, they're not going to honor those orders. They're going to tell the people as it is. And I don't think they need to advertise on blogs because they're already well-known in the US. 

They probably won't honor the online purchases like usual. A shame I missed it though.

Back