Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Nintendo Japan has revealed the aqua blue 3DS model will no longer be in production, effective really soon. Nintendo's official Japanese site states, "Scheduled to end production shortly." A reason for the decisions was not given, but I can only assume it is the result of the battle of the blues. Blue is the Highlander of colors. There can be only one, and it would appear the newer, Cobalt Blue model may be dominating the blue market.

If you own an aqua blue 3DS, love it, cherish it, whisper nice things to it. Then in a few years put it on ebay because it's a little piece of history.

source

I wonder if I should buy one and hold on to it for a few years.

I'm not sure if 3DS is that great enough to bring any money even if you have the discontinued version of it in a few years...

A GBA SP that was sold for a short while then discontinued sells for $100 now. A standard sells a $25.

I bought myself a Gameboy SP with a bunch of Pokemon games for £30, very happy with that.

wouldn't happen to be a NES skin GBA SP? There going for a few hundred on ebay and in another 10 years I could have my self a $500 dollar handheld to sell.
wouldn't happen to be a NES skin GBA SP? There going for a few hundred on ebay and in another 10 years I could have my self a $500 dollar handheld to sell.
It is that one. Do you happen to have it?

That's a shame, must admit though the Cobalt Blue is alot better looking with colour.

I agree with you DS though, buying one now if you can and keeping it boxed up for a few years could be a wise decision :)

DS, in 70-80 years, you will probably die. lol You should be retired by 70, which is 50 years.

Back