froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
There are a number of rumors pointing to an early peek at Andromeda, a version of Android with some Chrome OS bits that make it better for tablet and laptop devices.

Rumors of a Chrome OS and Android merger began popping up some months ago, and the arrival of the Play Store on Chromebooks only added fuel to the fire. However, Andromeda is something else. This is Google’s attempt to modify Android using elements from Chrome OS, not a full merging of the projects.

Read More

I wonder would more desktop applications like Steam, LibreOffice, and Firefox desktop browser come to Andromeda OS.

It would be nice if it was possible to install Linux compatible software like Filezilla, Steam for Linux, and Firefox on Andromeda OS instead of just being limited to Google Play, and the Chrome App webstore.

Wait and see if this is worthwhile.

Chrome OS has always been lacking, I would look forward to something closer to the Android experience for a laptop.

I agree, I like something similar to Android for a laptop experience. But, there to be re-sizeble windows, vertical and horizontal scroll bars on the left and bottom edge of the windows, and window title bars to show the title of each app on the top of the window when not in full screen.

Back