Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Kotaku has been reporting that Google could enter the console market and challenge Sony and Microsoft (and obviously Nintendo) in the gaming world.

What do you want to see google do to them?

Google challenges only Xbox and PlayStation, because Nintendo no longer exists?
And no, Google already has far too much power in almost the entire tech sector, and all we see in return is 1 big police state worldwide, because every single human being uses at least 1 Google product.

Google challenges only Xbox and PlayStation, because Nintendo no longer exists?
And no, Google already has far too much power in almost the entire tech sector, and all we see in return is 1 big police state worldwide, because every single human being uses at least 1 Google product.

Nintendo's recent Switch popularity disagrees.

I agree, Google has way too much power.

It is possible that Google will create a gaming platform where people can buy games for their Android devices like PCs, consoles, phones, tablets, consoles, and settop boxes.

I feel Google will make a Virtual Reality game console as well.

The more the merrier but I don't see it as much of an immediate threat to the big three. This is most likely an android based device with a controller. It will be a better version of the Ouya but nothing big, imo.

The more the merrier but I don't see it as much of an immediate threat to the big three. This is most likely an android based device with a controller. It will be a better version of the Ouya but nothing big, imo.

There are Android TV settop boxes like Nvidia Shield TV which let you use a controller to play Android games, and stream PC games with Steam game streaming app, Nvidia game streaming, and Gamefly.

There are Android TV settop boxes like Nvidia Shield TV which let you use a controller to play Android games, and stream PC games with Steam game streaming app, Nvidia game streaming, and Gamefly.

Game streaming is not successful because of the latency issue. I am aware of the Nvidia Shield but that is limited because of not being Google's own product. If google were to make a gaming device now it would most probably use and capitalize the android ecosystem.
We are hearing of a streaming box to be launched by MS as well with the Xbox Scarlet so that could hinting towards Google's rumored box.

Game streaming is not successful because of the latency issue. I am aware of the Nvidia Shield but that is limited because of not being Google's own product. If google were to make a gaming device now it would most probably use and capitalize the android ecosystem.
We are hearing of a streaming box to be launched by MS as well with the Xbox Scarlet so that could hinting towards Google's rumored box.

Game streaming from your home Gaming PC or console on your own personal home gigabit wired network is better than using the internet for game streaming which usually have more latency.

Internet game streaming is not as good as consoles and dedicated Gaming PC, but it can be okay for playing a game if you don't own a console or very fast PC, but you have a faster broadband internet connection.

Google may partner with Nvidia to make a game console because Nvidia already has some CPUs and video chips like the Tegra X1 which is used on Nvidia Shield TV, and the Nintendo Switch console.

Game streaming from your home Gaming PC or console on your own personal home gigabit wired network is better than using the internet for game streaming which usually have more latency.

Internet game streaming is not as good as consoles and dedicated Gaming PC, but it can be okay for playing a game if you don't own a console or very fast PC, but you have a faster broadband internet connection.

Google may partner with Nvidia to make a game console because Nvidia already has some CPUs and video chips like the Tegra X1 which is used on Nvidia Shield TV, and the Nintendo Switch console.

That's definitely a possibility for Google to partner with Nvidia on hardware as they this is what they normally do. It is rumored that MS is using block chain technology to power their rumored cloud box and that they believe they have figured out the latency issue. It is possible for Google to be doing the same.

That's definitely a possibility for Google to partner with Nvidia on hardware as they this is what they normally do. It is rumored that MS is using block chain technology to power their rumored cloud box and that they believe they have figured out the latency issue. It is possible for Google to be doing the same.

Google has Google fiber internet service which most likely stream games faster than most ISPs. I think MS may need to create their own ISP to make online latency less noticeable.

Google has Google fiber internet service which most likely stream games faster than most ISPs. I think MS may need to create their own ISP to make online latency less noticeable.
Not necessarily, according to the rumor/leaks MS seems to have figured the latency out already. How they do this is unknown at this point, some people are speculating that they are using block-chain technology to achieve this.

Not necessarily, according to the rumor/leaks MS seems to have figured the latency out already. How they do this is unknown at this point, some people are speculating that they are using block-chain technology to achieve this.

It's good to see that MS figure out the latency by using blockchain.

I think there would still be a minimum internet connection speed requirement to make the latency less noticeable when gaming in 1080P and 4K. MS may need to work with local ISP to make sure that the connection does not slowdown when too many users stream games at once.

It's good to see that MS figure out the latency by using blockchain.

I think there would still be a minimum internet connection speed requirement to make the latency less noticeable when gaming in 1080P and 4K. MS may need to work with local ISP to make sure that the connection does not slowdown when too many users stream games at once.
Yeah a minimum bandwidth speed must be a requirement. I guess for those who don't have the required speed, MS would suggest them to get the traditional version. I could see this not being practical for a lot of people, but there are some who could use this without problems.

Yeah a minimum bandwidth speed must be a requirement. I guess for those who don't have the required speed, MS would suggest them to get the traditional version. I could see this not being practical for a lot of people, but there are some who could use this without problems.

This is true that there are people who would use a game streaming service like Xbox game streaming service. But, there are people who share a connection with many internet heavy users who watch videos in 1080P, 2K, 4K, stream high bitrate music files, and download a lot of large files, so a game streaming service may not be good for people who share one internet connection with many heavy internet users.

Back