froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Expanding its internet services ever further, Google has teamed up with Starbucks to outfit 7,000 of its US coffee shops with faster Wi-Fi connections. The deal sees Google replace AT&T as the official internet provider in stores, offering customers internet speeds up to ten times faster than before.

Read More

This looks good for people who go to Starbucks to eat and drink. I wonder if it would come to other Starbucks around the world.

I wonder if starbucks will up their prices to cover the cost of internet?

I read online a lot of people now use their cell phone, and internet apps to pay for Starbucks coffee, so if Starbucks has faster internet, it may make more people buy more coffee faster, and people who drink coffee at shops with slower internet may stop going to those coffee shops, and switch to Starbucks for Coffee because of the faster internet, so Starbucks may not need to raise prices for faster internet.

Maybe the price of Internet from Google will cost less or is free for Starbucks compared to using AT&T which I heard is more expensive with prices for slower internet speeds which is not Gigabit internet.

I wonder if Google would use Autoplay Video Ads on its wireless internet  at Starbucks like how YouTube now has a lot of Autoplay video ads which earn Google's YouTube a lot of money because big companies pay a lot of money for autoplay video ads on YouTube videos to promote its products.

It may not be a good idea for Starbucks to raise the price of Coffee since more people will go to Mc. Donalds for Coffee, and Mcdonalds has more food choices like Ice Cream, Burgers, Fries, and Chicken nuggets as well which can attract more people to Mc. Donalds.

I saw a TV news video which showed some people who liked Mc. Donalds Coffee more than Starbucks when the Reporter poured the two coffee brands into a regular cup with no logo, and the people pick Mc. Donalds Coffee, and were shocked that the coffee came from Mc. Donalds.

Mc. Donalds also have free Wi-Fi, but it is probably not as fast, but for basic stuff like browsing the web, e-mail, and watching low quality video it is good enough.

froggyboy604 said:
It may not be a good idea for Starbucks to raise the price of Coffee since more people will go to Mc. Donalds for Coffee, and Mcdonalds has more food choices like Ice Cream, Burgers, Fries, and Chicken nuggets as well which can attract more people to Mc. Donalds.

I saw a TV news video which showed some people who liked Mc. Donalds Coffee more than Starbucks when the Reporter poured the two coffee brands into a regular cup with no logo, and the people pick Mc. Donalds Coffee, and were shocked that the coffee came from Mc. Donalds.

Mc. Donalds also have free Wi-Fi, but it is probably not as fast, but for basic stuff like browsing the web, e-mail, and watching low quality video it is good enough.
All right then, so the majority of people in America likes Mcdy's coffee eh? Not Starbucks'? Wow! I'm surprised & shocked!

According to this article : http://consumerist.com/2007/02/03/consumer-reports-mcdonalds-coffee-better-than-starbucks/ consumers like Mc. Donalds coffee better.

They characterized McDonald’s coffee as “decent and moderately strong. Although it lacked the subtle top notes needed to make it rise and shine, it had no flaws,” and complained that Starbucks was “strong, but burnt and bitter enough to make your eyes water instead of open.”
I bet more people go to Mc. Donalds for drinks and food since the local Starbucks in my town are not as full when I walk pass them, but the Mc. Donalds have people eating at outdoor tables, inside, and there are long lines during lunch time, breakfest, and dinner.

I think Starbucks make money off of people who like strong, burnt, and bitter coffee, and they charge higher prices for stronger coffee. I don't really like walking pass Starbucks sometimes since it has a very strong Coffee smell unlike Mc. Donalds which smell like fries.

I will agree with that assessment on Starbuck's coffee. I don't drink anything from them unless it is in the glass bottle, can or a sip of my husband's iced coffee. If I like what I tasted from his cup, then I'll get one of my own or he'll give me his and get another.

Otherwise, I get my coffee from 7-11, Dunkin Donuts or the bodega. I'll only get iced coffee from McDonald's since their hot coffee isn't strong enough. Other than that, I'll make it myself or my husband will do it since he knows how to make the perfect cup everytime.

Black Angel said:
I will agree with that assessment on Starbuck's coffee. I don't drink anything from them unless it is in the glass bottle, can or a sip of my husband's iced coffee. If I like what I tasted from his cup, then I'll get one of my own or he'll give me his and get another.

Otherwise, I get my coffee from 7-11, Dunkin Donuts or the bodega. I'll only get iced coffee from McDonald's since their hot coffee isn't strong enough. Other than that, I'll make it myself or my husband will do it since he knows how to make the perfect cup everytime.
I'm sorry BA, but I don't drink any Dunkin's. I think it's
the worse coffee ever.

This is a good move on Google and starbucks part. A lot of people go to starbucks and sometimes sit to use the internet. Faster internet is what's up in today's day in age.

Back