Awards
Credits
Nintendo $20 EShop
Nintendo $20 EShop
Mature Board Viewing
PSN Gift Card $20
PSN Gift Card $20
from VGC:

Sony is eyeing Neill Blomkamp, the director of films including District 9, Elysium and Chappie, to helm the movie.

I played a few Gran Turismo games. I wonder would a Gran Turismo movie would be as detailed and technical as the racing games.

read more stuff from cbr:

The updated logline reads as follows: "Based on a true story, the film is the ultimate wish fulfillment tale of a teenage Gran Turismo player whose gaming skills won a series of Nissan competitions to become an actual professional race car driver."

Movie sneak peek video:

Gran Turismo movie look like a nice movie for people who are fans of motorsports. The sound effects and car racing scenes in the trailer look nice.

It's as if you are going fast without the physical feeling of driving a car. Heck, how did they make a story about this? They could've plagiarized the first Cars movie for all we know. And most game movies IMO tend not to be so good in the case of if it's realistic. Remember Uncharted? I never saw it.

Read from CBR:

Gran Turismo director Neill Blomkamp welcomes comparisons between his upcoming film and fellow speed-loving blockbuster Top Gun: Maverick, admitting its inspiration despite their differences.

During an interview with Empire, Blomkamp addressed the "crossovers" between Gran Turismo and Maverick, both featuring a central character with daddy issues who controls a fast vehicle with help from a trusted mentor. Though the films are alike in some ways, Blomkamp stressed that his movie is less about the action and more about character development. "There are crossovers, for sure," he said. "The north star for me was to make a video game title with character work that propels the movie, even more so than the racing. Although the racing is bloody intense, too."

New trailer:

Back