Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Bad news, Grand Theft Auto V has been delayed from spring to the fall of September 17. They have released this statement:

Dear all

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September – we thank you for your support and patience.

Yours,

The GTA Team

source

Is it me or all big name titles being delayed?

Yup, developers are being assholes and nice at the same time. They tell us about the games too early, but at least we know they care about getting rid if the glitches.

They do it on purpose. See, releasing in spring is stupid.

If they release a couple of months before christmas than they will get all of the major hardcore gamers to buy it at full price. The game will hold it's value then comes christmas they knock $10 off the game and they sell just like it was just released AGAIN.
Just business boys.

I think the delay is for good only. Let the game come out with bugs or problems.

Bad, we are all waiting for this.
Good, The game may have some bugs, so they can take time in fixing them.

I know this is old news, but Im pretty sure this has to do with the entire "next gen" console stuff. Can't wait!

I'm personally glad to see that they're releasing it later, if the reason if actually to make sure it's up to standard and not just because it's a good time based on sales figures. If nothing else, it gives me more time to finish Grand Theft Auto IV, which I still haven't gotten around to. 

I wonder if Christmas sales will be lower than expected, with the new console launch.

I'd much rather see a polished game come out a little later than first expected than have to slog through a bug-ridden "experience" and have to wait for updates. It's funny the delay notice was just sent out a little while ago. The other night my roommate and I were talking about E3 and how GTA V wasn't at all showcased. 

To be perfectly honest I'd prefer they delayed a game that will produce quality than release a game that isn't going to give us the quality we expected.

While a bug-ridden mess can be fun at points, I actually approve of delays. Take all the time you need to make me a better game folks!

Meh, I'm fine with waiting. Obviously, if they release it later, it will be better. I really hope there will be a PC version also. The modding community on GTAIV was really great and it gave me an amazing experience with GTA, and it also introduced me into creating and playing with modifying games.

I'll just go out on a limb and say that it's cost-related, too, because GTA V has such a high development cost that it will be the second most expensive game ever developed.

I dont mind funnily enough, I'd rather the game was top notch and done properly. Theres nothing worse than when you play a game and see glaring mistakes and you just know it was rushed out for Christmas etc. On a side note I cannot wait for this game! GTA is amazing and I will play this game over and over!

Back