Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
"They appear to have crossed the line from virtual reality to reality," said Police Chief Lou Pachec of the two teens who allegedly threw Molotov cocktails at an apartment building in Raynham, Massachusetts over the weekend.

Two teens, one 16 and one 12, claim to have been playing Grand Theft Auto on Saturday night when the idea of creating Molotov cocktails out of root beer and beer bottles, placing them outside of the garages of an apartment complex at 639 King Philip Street in the early morning hours.

Yes, that's right. Placing them. Police received a call from a concerned citizen who claimed to see two Molotov cocktails burning outside of the garages. When the police arrived on the scene a third cocktail was found, lying on the ground with its wick burning.

See, Molotov cocktails are meant to be thrown, spreading the flammable liquid — in this case gasoline in a can stolen off a landscaping truck — all over the place. Lighting them and just setting them down just nets you really dangerous tiki torches.

The two boys were apprehended and admitted to creating the Molotov's, with the younger of the two telling police they had gotten the idea from Grand Theft Auto.

Right.

During their crime spree the kids also sprayed graffiti about the neighborhood.

The duo were arraigned in juvenile court today, and face charges of possession of an explosive device and attempted arson.

source

the problem here is the kids and not the game. thank god they were watching something with guns.

They just lit them? What fools XD

But yes, the kids were stupid. You can't blame a video game for that.

It could be the beer since they probably drank the beer from the beer cans before they filled them with gas.

What a waste of gas. They could of use the gas for something better like mowing the lawn or pumping it in a car to drive somewhere if they are not drunk from the beer from the empty beer cans.

I just....I...Wow.

These are the dumbest criminals I've seen in a long time.

And let me say this gently...IT'S NOT THE GAME'S FAULT!!!!!

If it was, wouldn't we all be doing this stupid shit too?

I'm not sure if the boys intentions were to burn down people's home. I think they just wanted to see how a Molotov cocktail looks like while it was burning sort of like some teens who make home made fireworks and light them on fire at the park. The media and maybe the police just twisted the story into an arson case while in reality it is just a case of "kids playing with matches and gas" which is dangerous and a bad idea.

A lot of kids play with matches, fire, and flammable liquids, but don't really intend on committing arson and burning down someone's house or their own house on purpose, but it happens unfortunately.

They are just trying to find an excuse for being dumb-asses. >_> And besides, Molotov's weren't invented by GTA; blame the creator!

Back