GTA to Blame in Kitten Hanging

H

Hachi

Welcome to the logic train, our first stop is Sensible City! Two nasty little six years old brats somehow found themselves playing Grand Theft Auto, then had the bright idea of pelting stones at a kitten and hanging it with a game controller. This has led the local sheriff to claim that GTA lets you rape women. INTELLIGENCE AT WORK!

The two six-year-olds were at East Mesa trailer park (obviously it was a trailer park), presumably totally unattended by their parents. A neighbor found the dead cat, allegedly hanging from a tree by the wire of a controller. After Deputies had been alerted, the two boys apparently admitted to stoning and hoisting it up with the wire.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio came in with the intelligent, measured and totally not bullsh*t response: "This game allows players to kill cops and rape women. It’s little wonder why they perpetrated such violence against that little animal."

So far, it seems that the parents have received no blame for this, in fact the only real mention of the parents is the medical expense they face should the children require counseling, as if we should feel sorry for them. Not that one of the parents could do much, being an illegal immigrant.

The boys are also too young to be charged by animal cruelty and child protection services declined to help because the case is "outside the normal criteria." So, what we know is that a bunch of ignorant parents let children unattended in their trailers, playing adult games and hanging cats, and nobody will do a damn thing to discipline them.

Yet videogames somehow get the blame. Classy.

Source

that poor game controller wire V_V. but this isn't good and kids that age should not be playing that game.

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ December 06, 2008 03:24 pm) that poor game controller wire V_V. but this isn't good and kids that age should not be playing that game.
The parents are lucky I can't get anywhere near them...God knows what I'd do to them.

Unbelievable. Poor cat....and those kids really should not be playing games like that at their age. >_>

Poor cat, the parents should not be letting kids play games like this.

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ December 06, 2008 10:26 pm) Poor cat, the parents should not be letting kids play games like this.
Well, coulda, shoulda, woulda no need to try to change the past.

If "our children are our future" we're fucked.

QUOTE (Hachi @ December 08, 2008 04:20 pm) QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ December 06, 2008 10:26 pm) Poor cat, the parents should not be letting kids play games like this.
Well, coulda, shoulda, woulda no need to try to change the past.

If "our children are our future" we're fucked.
we truly, truly are.

I agree with you guys. Where is the Parental supervision these days?

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ December 09, 2008 03:55 pm) I agree with you guys. Where is the Parental supervision these days?
There isn't any at this point. America is such hair-trigger, sue happy country that something as a simple spanking can get contorted into a charge of "child abuse".

Smacking the kid in the ass with a spoon: punishment. Beating him with said spoon is different.

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ December 09, 2008 03:55 pm) I agree with you guys. Where is the Parental supervision these days?
Not much of any supervision here, these guys may have done this without them knowing. Yet another incident involves video games ends with a dead kitty, how messed up.

I'd say the children ought to be taken into protective custody if their parents are unable to take care of them.

I wonder if the kids will go to trail or the parents get in trouble for their twisted kids mistakes.

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ December 11, 2008 04:01 pm) I wonder if the kids will go to trail or the parents get in trouble for their twisted kids mistakes.
Doesn't look like it, unfortunately.

Well, hopefully they have to do some community service like picking up trash, or some other tasks for a year or more.

QUOTE (froggyboy604 @ December 12, 2008 11:25 pm) Well, hopefully they have to do some community service like picking up trash, or some other tasks for a year or more.

QUOTE The boys are also too young to be charged by animal cruelty and child protection services declined to help because the case is "outside the normal criteria." So, what we know is that a bunch of ignorant parents let children unattended in their trailers, playing adult games and hanging cats, and nobody will do a damn thing to discipline them.

Punishment's: Not gonna happen.

These kids are lucky... I personally believe is a damn good ass beating, if my kid would do something like this, I would beat his ass to the point that he wouldnt sit for a week.

QUOTE (Lloyd @ December 14, 2008 12:36 pm) These kids are lucky... I personally believe is a damn good ass beating, if my kid would do something like this, I would beat his ass to the point that he wouldnt sit for a week.
ah yes, beating kids with belts or with a switch. we need to bring that back.

{spoiler}
At least it doesnt glamorize child p***
Oh wait....
{end spoiler}

I wonder if some people use Vigilante violence to punish the kids. I got a feeling once the kids go to school or go out other kids want to bully them for hurting harmless animals.

Vigalante: is a person who ignores due process of law and enacts their own form of justice in response to a perception of insufficient response by the authorities.

source : Wikepedia

QUOTE (Demon_Skeith @ December 14, 2008 01:55 pm) QUOTE (Lloyd @ December 14, 2008 12:36 pm) These kids are lucky... I personally believe is a damn good ass beating, if my kid would do something like this, I would beat his ass to the point that he wouldnt sit for a week.
ah yes, beating kids with belts or with a switch. we need to bring that back.
I vote this.

I have had the belt/switch, I have NO URGE to harm OTHER people...

Back