Guide to requesting/requests

Fillfall

Awards
Credits
I see that you've stumbled upon this new Sub-forum. And here you are, not knowing anything about how to request stuff and how to do them. So I'm going to tell you a bit about how all this witchcraft works.

How to request something?
You might have wondered how you do this, and I’m going to tell you how. You probably want your request to be understood by the people that want to fulfill it. If you don’t write it understandable you might end up getting like a pink Peach signature, instead of a purple Mario signature. So please be clear.
Example of good signature request:
Render: http://tinyurl.com/83sew3x
Colors: Purple and silver
Effects: Look like he’s exploding
Text: FillFall, dat sploding guy

Then you might get something like this:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2395&dateline=1310755172
(Made by a guy known by NikoKing on another forum, for me.)

If you don’t write a good request, you might end up with something silly, as said before. When making a signature request, you should remember these points:
-Have a good render with good quality (keep it in a link)
-Be clear about which colors you want (provide hex codes, if you want)
-Be clear about how you want it to look (Lakitu with a fish on his hook, or something)
-Be clear about what text you want, and alternatively name a font
Many of the same rules apply while making avatar requests, unless you want them to draw the character. Then you should be really clear about what character, what pose and if you want it drawn by hand (traditional) or on a computer (digital).
Everytime you make a request, you should also follow the person that fulfills the request’s rules. If he/she wants you to give him/her credit you have to do it. If he wants some sort of payment (a pokemon or something) pay him. And if he don’t want you to use it all the time, then you can’t use it all the time.

Fullfilling requests:
Ever wanted to fulfill a request, or are you just bored? Follow these easy guidelines, and the only thing in your way will be artistic skills.
When creating what the person asks for, be sure that you do as he want, as long as it’s possible. If there is something you can’t do, tell the requester in a Personal Message or post in the thread.

Da Rules:
  1. Use 1 thread for requesting the art, and the same thread for people fulfilling it.
  2. Normal forum rules still apply, and there is no need for bumping requesting threads if the requester isn’t interested anymore.
  3. No raging if you don’t like what you get. Just ask the person to change it, or just don’t use it.
  4. There can always be more than 1 user fulfilling requests, as long as the requester doesn’t want something else. Then the art that is best will be used.
  5. Do not do stuff that’s against copyright laws. If you know that an image can’t be used, don’t use it.
That’s all for now, happy requesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back