Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Microsoft announced this morning that it will release Halo 4 holiday 2012 for Xbox 360.

Microsoft made the announcement via a cinematic trailer at the end of its 2011 E3 press conference. Halo 4 marks the first proper Halo title created outside of creator Bungie, who signed off the series with 2010's Halo: Reach. Instead, Halo 4 will be the first major release from 343 Industries, Microsoft's internal Halo studio.

343i currently operates Halo Waypoint, a central hub for Halo content on Xbox Live. 343i also coordinated with developers Certain Affinity for Halo: Reach's Defiant Map Pack, and is working with Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity on this year's Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary, a remake of Halo: Combat Evolved using the Halo: Reach engine slated for this November.

President of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, Don Mattrick, described the game as the "beginning of a new trilogy" in the franchise, signaling a return to the narrative of the Master Chief, who last appeared in 2007's Halo 3.

Halo 4 releases holiday 2012.

source

halo fans are going crazy.

:grin: Win, but I was hoping it to continue the somewhat cliffhanger at the end of Halo 3...

YES I have been waiting quite some time for this. It's a pity I still have to wait one more year... But nonetheless the Halo series has been really addictive and fun! Really looking forward to this! (Time pass faster please :/)

Another Halo is really something to look forward too. Trilogy or not, I'm thrilled to get this new one. Halo 4, it's about time! :biggrin:

It's good news that Halo 4 is going to be released - it means that the Halo series is pretty popular!
However, it's a pity that Bungie is not going to directly oversee its productions.
Bungie has been a very community-centered gaming company and you could tell from the large Halo fanbase and a couple of other spinoffs from Halo.

Halo has always been a good and interesting/unique game. I am glad to see another one is going to be released. Though I know it used to rank pretty well, so it is not that much of a surprise. I wonder if Halo 4 will be as good as the others with no longer being under Bungie?

It will be good I'm sure but they need to space these games out a little bit more. They release a Halo game every year now. :p

I don't know about this one really. Bungie announced that Halo was always meant to be a Trilogy and the ending to Halo 3 was for the player to then imagine what happens after. This feels more like Microsoft milking the cash cow as opposed to trying to create a properly relevant addition to the series. That said however, if Halo 4 can bring to gaming what Halo: Combat Evolved did then I will take back my cynical comments. The fact that this is part 1 of a new trilogy is still somewhat disconcerting.

Can't wait for this, being a Halo fan I' was an addict till reach came out, (wasn't a fan) but I am looking forward to Halo 4, unless they change the name again :)

OMG!!! HALO 4!!!!!!!!!!! I myself am a Halo fan. Are the there any official trailers or teasers on youtube yet? I am new to this forum, but a little info about me is I am a big FPS gamer. The graphics and weapons are probably going to be amazing I think from my past experiences. Anyone else excited for this? I know some people like my brother thinks that Halo is way to over rated. But, IDC I still love the series.

er Graceful, like half the team from Bungie transferred to 343 including the franchise director so it is effectively another Bungie game, just without their name on it. I must admit this is just a shameless attempt to squeeze the last bit of juice out of a series that did its run and then began to stagnate.

I have to admit I am not excited, it is not being made by Bungie. Its going to have to live up to Bungies reputation and I think its going to fail. But I think it will still sell millions just because its Halo!

As I said it is still effectively Bungie, most of the core staff from Bungie stayed on to become 343 studios and the rest of the studios is made up of Halo fans as that was one of the application criteria. Halo 3 ended on a nice full stop. This series just needs to stop, it's done its job.

I have to admit I am not excited, it is not being made by Bungie. Its going to have to live up to Bungies reputation and I think its going to fail. But I think it will still sell millions just because its Halo!

I understand what you mean that they would make bank from the sells just because its Halo. But come on now, Halo games are pretty fun. All there past Halo games that were released up to now were very popular and fun. Wouldn't you agree?

er Graceful, like half the team from Bungie transferred to 343 including the franchise director so it is effectively another Bungie game, just without their name on it. I must admit this is just a shameless attempt to squeeze the last bit of juice out of a series that did its run and then began to stagnate.
It's being developed and published by just Microsoft Game Studios.

I heard about Halo 4 yesterday, from a featured video from YouTube.

Can't wait to play it, xD

Yeah, I agree with you. I am a little skeptical as to how well it will be as this does change a lot and thus could result in quite a difference. As far as what you say about making millions, you are probably correct. What Bungie has already done to make Halo a success is going to rub off onto Halo 4 some even if it is no longer under them. That is, when looking at the large population that will be possible buyers of the game, what percentage is going to look (or care) about the name in the corner? So yeah, Microsoft knows what they are doing going for a popular name like Halo holds. It makes their job much easier and less risky.

It's being developed and published by just Microsoft Game Studios.

No it isn't. It is being developed by 343 Industries and published by Microsoft Game Studios. 343 consists of many of the staff from Bungie as well as new members who have been long term fans of the Halo franchise

No it isn't. It is being developed by 343 Industries and published by Microsoft Game Studios. 343 consists of many of the staff from Bungie as well as new members who have been long term fans of the Halo franchise

Yep. I am kind of disappointed Bungie is not the one making it though. :( I will still give 343 Industries a chance, but I think it would of been better if Bungie made it. The trailer even looks different then the Bungie kinds of trailers.

Back