Halo Infinite

Original Cortana wants to be revived lol

not really funny ^^; the second time my PC froze on reboot and came back with a OS not found blue screen, really began to panic when it rebooted safely again.

Kind of hard to believe MS let their flagship suffer bad leadership.

Indeed. And read this from tweaktown:

One specific report mentions that 343 Industries is no longer making new Halo games and will instead focus on Halo Infinite's live service operations, namely the seasonal events and new content. It turns out this might only be half true. 343i had no concrete plans for Halo Infinite campaign expansions and was always dead-set on the live service path.

As for 343 going from active development to a kind of support studio for a slowly-expanding live game, there's not a whole lot of info on whether or not this is true or not.

The report comes from Bathrobe Spartan, a leaker who apparently has a good track record with this kind of backstage information. Spartan says that 343i will essentially take on a more Lucasfilm or Marvel type of role and allow other third-party studios to create new Halo games. These projects could range from smaller-scale narrative games with different mechanics--survival, horror, etc--to the classic action-packed FPS carnage the series is known for.

Read from Kotaku:

Halo developer 343 Industries following massive layoffs across Microsoft—including reportedly 95 people at the Halo developer. The studio is switching to Unreal Engine, has no plans to make more story content for 2021’s Halo Infinite, and continues trying to figure out what to do with a supposed Halo battle royale spin-off still in development.

it appears 343 is basically starting from scratch with Halo. According to people familiar with the studio’s plans, the company isn’t actively working on new campaign DLC or updates for Halo Infinite. Instead, before the layoffs, developers at 343 were reportedly working on prototypes for new Halo games and projects in Unreal instead of designing new content for Infinite. And according to the report, many of those devs have since been laid off.

It’s also reported that the studio has, after nearly a decade of debate, decided to finally switch to Unreal. While there were internal concerns about how future Halo projects made with Unreal will play, the current tech—known as Slipstream—is apparently a pain to work with and is based on decades-old code at this point. Bloomberg’s report even mentions that two multiplayer modes for Halo Infinite—Extraction and Assault—are nearly done but haven’t been implemented yet due to issues with the aging Slipstream tools and tech.

This switch to Unreal will apparently start with a brand new Halo game internally code-named “Tatanka.” Reportedly, this game is being developed by both 343 and Texas-based studio Certain Affinity, a team that has a long history of working on previous Halo projects. It seems Tatanka started out as a battle royale but could “evolve in different directions.”

Read from Kotaku:

Halo developer 343 Industries following massive layoffs across Microsoft—including reportedly 95 people at the Halo developer. The studio is switching to Unreal Engine, has no plans to make more story content for 2021’s Halo Infinite, and continues trying to figure out what to do with a supposed Halo battle royale spin-off still in development.

it appears 343 is basically starting from scratch with Halo. According to people familiar with the studio’s plans, the company isn’t actively working on new campaign DLC or updates for Halo Infinite. Instead, before the layoffs, developers at 343 were reportedly working on prototypes for new Halo games and projects in Unreal instead of designing new content for Infinite. And according to the report, many of those devs have since been laid off.

It’s also reported that the studio has, after nearly a decade of debate, decided to finally switch to Unreal. While there were internal concerns about how future Halo projects made with Unreal will play, the current tech—known as Slipstream—is apparently a pain to work with and is based on decades-old code at this point. Bloomberg’s report even mentions that two multiplayer modes for Halo Infinite—Extraction and Assault—are nearly done but haven’t been implemented yet due to issues with the aging Slipstream tools and tech.

This switch to Unreal will apparently start with a brand new Halo game internally code-named “Tatanka.” Reportedly, this game is being developed by both 343 and Texas-based studio Certain Affinity, a team that has a long history of working on previous Halo projects. It seems Tatanka started out as a battle royale but could “evolve in different directions.”

Abandon the current for a new one, shame.

Abandon the current for a new one, shame.
The current one is a mess with what they did to Cortana storywise, so i have no problems with it lol.

I played Halo Infinite when it first came out back in 2021 and it was plagued with a lot of issues at the time. I enjoyed the time I played it when I did but I have yet to go back to it since then as I have heard they have made a lot of changes and updates and it plays a lot better now as well.

I have lost my faith in 343 making a good Halo game. I just do not believe they can pull it off at this point. I played Halo 4, Halo 5, and now Infinite to just be disappointed over and over again. Each game just seems to focus on things players don't want and lets the core gameplay side. Infinite got a lot right, but 343 showed they have no ability to fill the game with content and it still remains one of the most boring games I have either played. The content level is below many mobile FPS games and the fact it took ages to have a semi-working XP system for their battle pass is mind-blowing.

It still reminds me of their Halo Wars 2 days, where for 5 years I watched them try and balance the game and it is still horrifically unbalanced with competitive play crippled by terrible patches. I just do not feel like 343 can make a truly good game at this point.

Back