Has any game this generation managed to garner the title of your “greatest of all time?”

Dan The Man

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
This generation is about to hit the fifth year mark come this November, coupled with growing speculation of when the next generation of consoles, I did a bit of a retrospective of these past few years. In that, I kind of realized nothing managed to become my newest “Greatest of all Time” title, or GOAT. Every generation it feels like the previous holder of the title gets dethroned, as it has been passed from Banjo Kazooie, to Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, to the current holder, Super Mario Galaxy. And while I did enjoy many games this generation, it feels nothing came close to being perfect for me, as the titles I previously mentioned have.

So what say you Era? Has any title from this generation managed to become your GOAT?

I've played a lot of good games, but sadly none of them really hold the same charms that classic games that was in the pre PS2 era and before which granted them the title of best game ever.

The Witcher 3 was very close to this for me, if it had better combat and movement, it would definitely be my greatest game of all time. Or may be not. The current title holder is The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, no game has ever consumed me more than this one.

I've played a lot of good games, but sadly none of them really hold the same charms that classic games that was in the pre PS2 era and before which granted them the title of best game ever.

The same goes for me. There have been some pretty good games on the Nintendo Switch so far but there are none that I would say have been the best game ever for me.

The same goes for me. There have been some pretty good games on the Nintendo Switch so far but there are none that I would say have been the best game ever for me.

Same for me, there's been a lot new games for PC this year too but sadly none made it to my list.

Back