Has anyone watched Ranma 1/2?

Vash

Credits
It is a fairly old anime from the 80s. It was actually the first manga I followed. Anime adaption had total 7 seasons of about 20 episodes each... no where near the length of the manga but that's a lot of episodes already.

If you have watched it, who are your favorite characters?
For me, it was never Ranma or Akane. They are annoying at times especially Akane. No idea why the author had to pair them up. Ukyou is my favorite female lead, and Ryuga is my favorite male character. I remember I was discussing this with my buddy back in 2000 or so about who should be with who. I said Ukyou should get Ranma, Ryoga should get Akane, Moose should get Shampoo. Then he added, Kuno should get pig-tailed girl ... :p

Anyway, what do you guys think?

I read the manga, I'm not sure that I even knew it was an anime though! I may have to go look that up. I'm assuming that Ranma and Akane are just as annoying in the anime (if not more, since you have to hear them talk haha!) I always liked Ukyo the best, she was cool. Akane always reminded me of Ami/Sailor Mercury from Sailor Moon.

Oh yes, I watched Ranma 1/2 as a kid! My favorites are Ryoga (and I would have done most anything at that age for a plush of P-chan) and Akane (since I felt I was like her as a kid) but I remember liking all of them (and I was pretty afraid of going to China lest I fall into said cursed streams and turn into an animal when hit with cold water). I didn't really have much feelings on who should be with each other then - I was just amused by all the ridiculous situations the characters (esp Ranma) got themselves into.

I got to read the manga much, much later but I'm more fond of the anime since I grew up with it (along with Sailor Moon).

I've heard a lot about it, but never watched it but the anime does look dated. What made it so great?

I've heard a lot about it, but never watched it but the anime does look dated. What made it so great?
I only watched it on local television translated. I got hooked on the comedy and maybe the idea of the gender bend. I was young. Haha.

Well, I watched a couple of times when I was a little kid, but it still brings me good memories!
I think that my favorite character will be Ranma, at that time, I used to love the idea of how did they changed their gender, I don't know, it was a pretty interesting detail,
I also loved the old school animation vibe that it had on it, even if the new animes are great, I still kind of miss that type of animation.

Well, I watched a couple of times when I was a little kid, but it still brings me good memories!
I think that my favorite character will be Ranma, at that time, I used to love the idea of how did they changed their gender, I don't know, it was a pretty interesting detail,
I also loved the old school animation vibe that it had on it, even if the new animes are great, I still kind of miss that type of animation.

the old animation is still the best.

I watched it years ago, but I found that as I went on I got really sick of Akane's attitude/behaviour. I mean she'd blame Ranma for everything, especially things that he didn't do/say or had no control over. And it only got worse when those things were set up by others and she would reasonably have known it due to stuff like it having happened before. I know it was supposed to be for comedy, but the problem was that after a few times it stopped being funny and only made her look arrogant/foolish/stupid.

Though the transformation aspect was cool and the fights were pretty neat/varied.

It is a fairly old anime from the 80s. It was actually the first manga I followed. Anime adaption had total 7 seasons of about 20 episodes each... no where near the length of the manga but that's a lot of episodes already.

If you have watched it, who are your favorite characters?
For me, it was never Ranma or Akane. They are annoying at times especially Akane. No idea why the author had to pair them up. Ukyou is my favorite female lead, and Ryuga is my favorite male character. I remember I was discussing this with my buddy back in 2000 or so about who should be with who. I said Ukyou should get Ranma, Ryoga should get Akane, Moose should get Shampoo. Then he added, Kuno should get pig-tailed girl ... :p

Anyway, what do you guys think?
Yup! I just watched it recently, Cause i am currently studying Italian Language then i saw Ranma 1/2 in Italian on Youtube! I agree that Ukyo is a better partner for Ranma! :p:grin:

Back