Have you ever cried because of a game?

Norway

Awards
Credits
Well, I can say I've got tears in my eyes when people take farewell with eachother. Happens in various games. My eyes get wet.

tumblr_m3mwyirguw1qcc302o2_500.png

Ever cried because of a game?

A couple times for me. I was inconsolable for a while at the end of the main storyline in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, although that may be partially due to me being overtired at the time. A couple other games, but I can't remember what those were as clearly...and then Tales of the Abyss almost started the waterworks at a couple times...the scenes always stopped just in time though.

End of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue team and- Explorers of Darkness. Also the ending music of Super Mario 64 DS (didn't play the original).. It was just wonderful!

End of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue team and- Explorers of Darkness. Also the ending music of Super Mario 64 DS (didn't play the original).. It was just wonderful!

I barely cried when all the pictures of the levels we had played and the enemies we had met showed up on the end of the game. The music made it even more wet.

I couldn't get that damned final star on SMG2. I COULD NEVER GET THAT DAMNED FINAL STAR IN SMG2. I COULD NEVER COMPLETE THE DAMNED PERFECT RUN. I GOT UP TO THE THREE BLOODY BOOMERANG BROTHERS AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO KILL THEM. GAASDFHALSALDJF CURSES AND TEARS FOLLOWED AFTERWARDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mother 3. I didn't make me cry, but it touched my heart and a tear came to my eye. Ok who am I kidding I cried. It's like the most depressing game ever.

I couldn't get that damned final star on SMG2. I COULD NEVER GET THAT DAMNED FINAL STAR IN SMG2. I COULD NEVER COMPLETE THE DAMNED PERFECT RUN. I GOT UP TO THE THREE BLOODY BOOMERANG BROTHERS AND COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO KILL THEM. GAASDFHALSALDJF CURSES AND TEARS FOLLOWED AFTERWARDS.
Also I just beat that earlier.

Speaking of crying in rage, in Mario Galaxy 2 it was the stage with the thwomps and to Tox Boxes. I mean they kill you in one hit. I'm pretty sure they didn't kill you in one hit in Galaxy 1, but I never got crushed in Galaxy 1. I mean the stage was so fast and the slow downs didn't help much and I kept falling off the stage. I was crying in rage and cussing at the tv. It took me 30 lives and 5 game overs.

No, but only because I just don't cry from watching sad things. As far as I can recall, I never have. That's not to say that they don't affect me emotionally, of course. Quite the opposite, in fact. I'm affected quite often, and often quite deeply. I just don't cry, for some reason. It's actually rather disappointing.

Several moments in games have made tears well up in my eyes, however, even if I never actually ended up crying. Those games were, in no particular order:
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue ~ the ending
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time ~ the ending (again)
-Tales of the Abyss ~ a few moments throughout the game, especially towards the end, and especially the ending itself.
-Persona 4 ~ several moments throughout the game
-Persona 3 FES ~ several moments throughout the games, and especially the ending. Also, in The Answer, the whole of the coliseum section and the Erebus cut-scene near the end (I still can't listen to the music that plays over that scene without getting all emotional).
-Okami ~ Waka's scene in the fight against Yami
-Xenoblade Chronicles ~ several points, especially the 'twist' near the beginning and some of the events and revelations near the end
-Pokemon Black/White ~ N's farewell (and Ghetsis' treatment of him)
-Zelda: Twlight Princess ~ Midna's farewell
-Zelda: Skyward Sword ~ the scenes soon after you go through the gate of time for the first time
-Ace Attorney ~ several moments in several of the games

i shed a few tears at the end of super paper mario because im sucker for lovey dovey stuff

I think I had a bit of a tear in Bowser's Inside Story at the end, because I felt attached to Bowser, and now here he is becoming a regular enemy again... all that journeying around... and everything stays the same.

Also had a teary at the end of Super Mario Galaxy when I first beat it.

Off the top of my head, Skyward Sword. It is very sad at the end, especially if you've been engaged in the plot.

Hmmm, not that I recall.

But I got a little emotional (no tears, though) at the end of some Zelda games... Not sure now whether because they were over or because of the emotional plot...

SPOILER : Resident Evil Revelations

i almost cried in resident evil revelations when parker was thought to be dead

I got teary eyed when Dom killed himself while playing thru Gears 3
0.jpg

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]I felt like crying when my dog chewed all my games ;n;
I guess it's not exactly what you meant but it was still because of a game xP

Other than that, not really... [/font]

i have never cried while playing a 3ds game but i have cried while playing run2 on coolmath.com. that game made me so frustrated i started crying. to make it worse was that the other people beat the level that i couldn't beat ( i think it was level 18). that just made me feel even more worse.

Back