Have you ever seen a Nintendo commercial on TV in the last few years?

Have you seen any Nintendo commercials on TV recently?

• Yes, I see them all the time

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I've seen one or two

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Nope, I've not seen any Nintendo ads for a while

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No, I've never seen a Nintendo commercial in recent history

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Well, have you?

Because I most certainly have not. In fact, I don't think Nintendo even bothered to advertise Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon or Mario & Luigi Dream Team in the UK, since I don't recall seeing a single ad for either anywhere. Same with Kid Icarus Uprising and Fire Emblem Awakening.

And Wii U ads? Nope, never seen one.

So have you see any Nintendo ads on TV recently?

I've only seen one, and it was for Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. I saw it when my little cousin was watching either Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. I've noticed that most of Nintendo ads are shown on cartoon channels. I haven't seen an ad for Pokemon X & Y yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope and it's kinda sad. It could just be the fact that I don't watch Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network anymore. The "Wii would like to play" commercials were genius, I'm surprised they haven't followed that up yet. They also didn't advertise at all during the Olympics or Super Bowl. Very stupid of their marketing department to miss out on both of those.

Most recently I remember Animal Crossing New Leaf and Wii U commercials. I also remember Ocarina of Time 3D and Skyward Sword commercials, but those were a while ago. I can remember them doing something for either Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 too, but I don't remember seeing any for the recent Mario games.

I have seen MANY Nintendo commercials this year.

I've seen commercials for 3DS games and Wii games. What I have NOT seen whatsoever, are Wii U commercials.

Many people on this forum are in the UK of course.I'm in the US,and unlike the UK,there is a head Nintendo organization here:Nintendo of America.NoA pays for all the Nintendo game commercials,like the Weegee's Mansion 2 one,AC:New Leaf,etc.I see one about every time I turn on the TV.It's pretty much the fact that nobody is there to pay for all those Nintendo commercials where most of you guys live,so there is no way of advertising them at all unless there is posters,which seldom people really care for.But don't get me wrong,Nintendo is VERY popular pretty much everywhere,it's just the lack of the advertising that gets peoples attention (Ironic?).

A saw one for OoT3D with Robin Williams. I also keep seeing a Dream Team commerical. So yeah. I've seen some.

I saw a few commercials for the 3DS a while back -- I was actually pretty excited for it.

Yeah I see Nintendo commercials every time a new 3DS or WiiU games is about to be released.

Most Recently:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Ocarina of Time 3D

Kid Icarus: Upriising

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Pikmin 3

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Yeah I see Nintendo commercials every time a new 3DS or WiiU games is about to be released.

Most Recently:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland

Ocarina of Time 3D

Kid Icarus: Upriising

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Pikmin 3

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Speaking of, I did see one for Dream Team, too.

Hmm, I have seen quite a few Nintendo adverts, though they are rarer than adverts for other consoles >.< The last I remember seeing was about Mario Kart 7 a few months back, it was talking about a promotion or something >.< I have also seen the New Leaf trailer quite a few times too ^^

I could almost swear I finally saw an X and Y commercial the other day.

The last commercial I saw that was Nintendo related was a commercial for the Wii. Not the Wii U, the original Wii. With the two dudes in suits and stuff.

The last commercial I saw that was Nintendo related was a commercial for the Wii. Not the Wii U, the original Wii. With the two dudes in suits and stuff.

You mean the guys who drove to peoples house and was like, "Wii would like to play." Those were awesome.

I've seen a bunch. The first Mario & Luigi Dream Team commercial I saw was on Disney Channel. It said that you should use your imagination. When I first saw a Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon commercial, I rewound it over and over again to the beginning of the commercial.

Pikmin 3, Mario Luigi: Dream Team, Wind Waker HD, AND I THINK I saw one for Mario Tennis Open.

I see them all the time! They make me turn my head and watch the TV before I realize that my 9 year old cousin is watching Disney channel which makes me wanna blow my brains out :| Oh wow it's so freakin' repetitive.

Back