Have you ever thought to create a game?

ZandraJoi

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
If so, what would it be about? While I am honestly not good at bells & whistles on a forum, doing themes, or graphics, I do like learning. Even if I cannot implement it lol So I’m curious, how does one go about creating a game? Are there certain apps you need to download? Some games I see have great graphics where it looks so real. I wonder how they do that. Is it based on an individual’s talent or the software they would download?

If so, what would it be about? While I am honestly not good at bells & whistles on a forum, doing themes, or graphics, I do like learning. Even if I cannot implement it lol So I’m curious, how does one go about creating a game? Are there certain apps you need to download? Some games I see have great graphics where it looks so real. I wonder how they do that. Is it based on an individual’s talent or the software they would download?
I tired before you but was unsuccessfully you can try Free ones Unreal Engine & Unity just to name a few

Paid ones I think of is GameMaker Studio 2

What comes to mind for me is assets like music and graphics (2D is sprites but 3D is models and textures). Some software, although there are viable free options like Unity. And then, of course, the logic. A bunch of typing in code language. Not all at once. But connecting bits and pieces together. If something doesn't work you go into debugging so it gets fixed. Making sure the hardware works with better graphics is another thing. Some game systems have limitations, but still able to play fun games. I would imagine the assets for good games have been modeled by professionals or bought online. But it still has to work with the setting and art direction of the game.

I haven't thought of making a game with many levels. But, I did make a very simple coin flipping game with visual basic .net in the past.

Creating video games is well above my pay grade. I'm very good sticking with buying the one's produces by game companies.

I have in the past had ideas for games but haven't had the knowledge to even start to create the game that I have an idea for. Usually, a lot of my game ideas spawn off games that are already out but with ideas that I think would be great implemented.

Reading about how it's done was very difficult. I knew from onset it's not something I can do.
With free tools, there are ways to make very base needs in games met very easily. Graphics in GIMP of Krita, and then logic in Unity. Then you can add more details on the fun ideas. Drag n drop stuff.

With free tools, there are ways to make very base needs in games met very easily. Graphics in GIMP of Krita, and then logic in Unity. Then you can add more details on the fun ideas. Drag n drop stuff.
I really wish that it's something that I find doing to be very easy but unfortunately it's not for me.

Back