Hearts of Iron IV

xl Advisor lx

Credits
So one of my favorite games hearts of iron has come out with its fourth iteration. The controls and menus are much easier to read and send very welcoming. I having gotten in to much gameplay yet as I like to add my own country and I have been working on that. I am excited what things can be accomplished. Anyone else excited for this game?

sounds fun and challenging.

HoI is one of the spin-offs of the Europa Universalis series, which you might have heard about. I haven't played beyond Hearts 3, but its' bascially EU with less diplomacy and concentrated on warfare... not surprising since it's set in the WW2 timeframe. It's quite complicated and takes time to master, like all grand stategies from Paradox Interactive, but if you like the genre, you will enjoy it.

HoI is one of the spin-offs of the Europa Universalis series, which you might have heard about. I haven't played beyond Hearts 3, but its' bascially EU with less diplomacy and concentrated on warfare... not surprising since it's set in the WW2 timeframe. It's quite complicated and takes time to master, like all grand stategies from Paradox Interactive, but if you like the genre, you will enjoy it.
This is a very good explanation of what HOI is all about. Typically it follows very close with what happened in WWII this iteration however gives you the option to allow for ahistorical choices so you can have what-if scenarios

It is on PC. I got it a week ago and just scratched the surface in playing. I just don't have the time to get into it. It reminds me of the old strategy games I played a long time ago on the Sega Saturn. Iron Storm and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. Sometimes you need to slow it down, and get a decent turn based strategy game.
Nice to see that you got the game it is definitely a hard game to get in to. I never played the ones you mentioned. The game is definitely slow to start but once the wars start you will have so much to deal with.

Back