Hello. My name is blubomber17. You might know me.

blubomber17

Awards
Credits
Hello. To most of you, I am new. To some, no. A little about me.

First off, this (as in my posting) might be considered a "big deal", but only by maybe, I dunno, 10 people. You see, I was actually a Mod on these forums many, many years ago. I can't even remember how long ago. Perhaps like 2008? Anyways, my run came to an abrupt end when a controversial decision was made by myself. As a spunky 15-16 year old kid, I went and made a whole new forum in disgust. Some people joined. We thrived for a little while, maybe a year. But "thrive" is a bit generous. I grew disinterested, as did most of my fellow staff (who were regulars/staff here as well). Time passed. I came here occasionally. I kept in touch with a few e-buddies via this site and others (mostly GameFAQs), but my last visit must have been a long time ago. As a matter of fact, apparently, my last "status update" was December 2012. My life has changed a lot since then. In March 2013, my little brother (18 at the time) was hit by a car and died. It kind of knocked me out of the video gaming community as a whole for a long time. Most of my favorite games, games I used to discuss here with regularity, such as Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl, were hard to play again without bringing back memories I couldn't handle. Eventually, I pulled myself together, and decided that my favorite hobby shouldn't be thrown away. It should be embraced and used to make myself happy. Which it has.

Now, to the blubomber17 of today. I am now 21, and a die-hard Nintendo fan. I own a blue 3DS XL, a regular black 3DS, Pokemon X, and any Mario game released for 3DS or Wii U. I also own an Xbox 360, but that's almost strictly for indie games. I don't consider myself a "normal" gamer. I'm a Nintendo gamer. I had to use Google to find this website again, but my goal was to find more people to talk Nintendo. I'm psyched for Mario Kart 8. I'm psyched for the Smash Direct. GameFAQs and reddit weren't cutting it for me. Here's hoping that, schedule maintaining, I can remain a regular here again. Thanks for reading.

- blubomber17

Hello, welcome back to the site. :)
Looking forward to seeing you around.

Haven't seen you around in quite a while.

You see, I was actually a Mod on these forums many, many years ago. I can't even remember how long ago. Perhaps like 2008? I had to use Google to find this website again, but my goal was to find more people to talk Nintendo.

This site was only created in 2010, so I can see why you'd have a hard time finding it. I vaguely remember you from DSU, but probably only from mentions.

A lot of old users have returned in the past 5 months or so.

Well, glad to have you around again. It really has been quite a long time. It's been the same around here minus a few people who were banned for one reason or another. The site's been holding up pretty well and we have loyal visitors still so you shouldn't have an issue finding people to talk to.

Welcome back!

Howdy! Welcome back! I've never met you, but new peeps is always awesome! My Nintendo Network ID and 3DS friendcode are under my icon, so feel free to add!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sorry to hear that about your brother Blu, I too have a younger brother that's 19 and if that happened to him I'd be devastated. Very sorry for your loss, I'm glad you're able to pull through the grief and live a fuller life, it's what your brother would want.

I've got a Wii U too so go ahead and add me on there. I'm pretty psyched about Mario Kart 8 so we could probably pay it together over the summer! My NNID is benoit489.

Welcome back to the forums!

Welcome to the (soon to be re-vamped) community!

You might remember me from DS Ultimate as being "L is real 2401" or "Yoshian12."

Back