Hello!

Lix

Awards
Credits
Hello there masters of the underworld! (Sorry, I've been playing too much War For the Overworld lately)

I am quite a introvertic person who doesn't like anything in this world. Or not much, atleast. To be completely honest with you, I don't particulary like games either, although I do play a lot of games. It's comparable to the fact that netiher do I like living... But I'm living, ain't I?

At the moment, I am absolutely obsessed with Dota 2. I used to play this about a year ago (Between Spring 2012 and Spring 2013) and then I said to myself that I would never play it again. I cut the connection I had with all my gaming pals, and I stopped playing for good. Yeah, I kinda stopped playing games overall at that point. Before I stopped there, I used to purchase a LOT of games, all the time. I bought humble bundles (and paid ridicolously high amounts for them even though you only had to pay a few bucks... I think the most i spent was over 120 dollars on one bundle) - and most of all, I bought steam games from russians. If you didn't know already, steam games are cheaper in russia, so if you find someone who is willing to trade with you, you can save quite a lot of money by trading with a russian, instead of buying directly from the steam store. The thing was... I bought like, several games a week, and they weren't cheap either.

But anyway, recently I started playing Dota 2 again, and I just got super addicted. I thought about quitting because I don't actually find it fun (as I said earlier, there are very little things that I DO find to be worth my time, even if games can be "fun" per se, they might not be worth my time) but for several reasons, I keep playing.

One of those reasons is that I am currently studying japanese, to understand manga/anime/light novels/drama/other literature/visual novels all in japanese. It's a mighty quest that will take several years, and I just decided that I will try to spend more time on my studies (Uhm, spoiler alert: I don't spend more time on my studies, as I'm too addicted to dota to do anything else than play dota 2). But the biggest reason of them all is that I have decided to take a break from anime, and start watching again after the year shift (i.e in 2015).

Why am I forcing myself to stay away from the "only" thing I enjoy in life? Because I need to save up. Due to anime being such a huge passion for me, I also feel the need to support the makers of anime the most. The way to do that is kind of obvious: I buy these ridicolously expensive (but for me, fully worth every penny) japanese box sets. ONE show of 12-24 episodes can easily go for 300-500 US dollars when buying imports, and it's not a problem for me to pay that. The only problem is of course to have the money in my pocket... I have quite a bunch of shows that I do want to buy (totals at maybe 2000$ if I were to buy them all at once, and that is WITHOUT taxes/shipping costs... and those can drive up the price tag by quite a bit actually) and I just don't have enough money to buy them all right now. And I feel like, if I spend the next 6 months on saving up for these shows, I can then have a "fresh start" where I don't have to think about what I saw before when watching something. I mean, I don't have to put everything good I've seen on the huge list of "to buy". I can just buy them straight off the bat, because I've already bought all the shows I liked before that one. Of course, this will require me to watch shows split out, as in... Maybe a few episodes a week, at max. Enough time for me to save up for the show in question, atleast. (It's better if I assume that I will like every show I watch than the opposite. Otherwise I might aswell end up with a huge "to-buy-list" even if I already bought everything I liked in the past).

I think I've written enough for now. I can really write for ages, but if you want to know anything more about me, feel free to ask about anything! :)

By the anime gods man, don't tell me you actually pay those import prices? Granted I love to but that is waaaaay out of my pocket league. I barely have enough to buy dub myself.

but welcome to GF, looking forward to seeing your posts in our anime section.

Back