Help! 3DS save data is corrupted!

Mint Pepper

Awards
Credits
Here's what happened. I formatted my 3ds, but before I did that I backed up my sd card to my pc. After the formatting I reinstalled all the software back to my 3ds. I then switched the save data from the backup I made to the sd card in the 3ds. Now, the 3ds tells me the save data is corrupted. The save data itself is fine since it's an exact copy. I put the save data in the correct folder and this worked for me before when I wanted to upgrade sd cards. Is there anything I can do? I had a lot of save data with many hours put in. Thanks in advance!

Here's what happened. I formatted my 3ds, but before I did that I backed up my sd card to my pc. After the formatting I reinstalled all the software back to my 3ds. I then switched the save data from the backup I made to the sd card in the 3ds. Now, the 3ds tells me the save data is corrupted. The save data itself is fine since it's an exact copy. I put the save data in the correct folder and this worked for me before when I wanted to upgrade sd cards. Is there anything I can do? I had a lot of save data with many hours put in. Thanks in advance!

If you read the warning about transfering data that is in the manual, it tells you that moving save data to a PC corrupts it. The only safe way to move data is from a 3DS to a 3DS (or a DSi to a 3DS) using the transfer tool on the eShop.

If you read the warning about transfering data that is in the manual, it tells you that moving save data to a PC corrupts it. The only safe way to move data is from a 3DS to a 3DS (or a DSi to a 3DS) using the transfer tool on the eShop.

The thing is this was just one 3ds. Does that mean there is no way to recover the save data from the same 3ds?

The thing is this was just one 3ds. Does that mean there is no way to recover the save data from the same 3ds?

that would be correct. I understand it was just one 3DS. My point was that the 3DS manual and system settings tool both warns that save data cannot be moved to a PC without corrupting it. I regret to tell you, but because you did not heed that warning you have permanently lost all of your save data. You are the second person to post about this problem in the past couple of weeks as well.

Just a warning, as I am not certain if this is relevant to you or not, but Sony's PS3 works the same way.

Back