Help me find a graphics card!

Zoey

Full GL Member
Credits
I hope that this is the right section to post this in and that it's okay for me to ask for help :)

Anyway, I have been wanting to upgrade my graphics card for a while now. My computer can run all of the latest games but the issue is, it is always on the lowest possible settings and really, really low FPS. I don't really need ultra high settings with 200000 FPS but I'd still prefer something a tiny bit better.

When it comes to computer parts, I don't know too many things... especially about the GPUs. I'd really love it if somebody that knows what they're talking about to help me out.

I am currently using a Radeon r7 250 graphics card and an Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.70GHz with 10GB ram.

I want to upgrade the graphics card to something that's not too costly... max price should be around $150, nothing more.

Any suggestions from the experts? Thank you in advance, highly appreciated!

I hope that this is the right section to post this in and that it's okay for me to ask for help :)

Anyway, I have been wanting to upgrade my graphics card for a while now. My computer can run all of the latest games but the issue is, it is always on the lowest possible settings and really, really low FPS. I don't really need ultra high settings with 200000 FPS but I'd still prefer something a tiny bit better.

When it comes to computer parts, I don't know too many things... especially about the GPUs. I'd really love it if somebody that knows what they're talking about to help me out.

I am currently using a Radeon r7 250 graphics card and an Intel Core i5 6400 @ 2.70GHz with 10GB ram.

I want to upgrade the graphics card to something that's not too costly... max price should be around $150, nothing more.

Any suggestions from the experts? Thank you in advance, highly appreciated!
Are you talking USD here? For starters I would look at Nvidia 1050 range.

For example:
ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti DUAL-GTX1050TI-O4G 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready Video Card-Newegg.com

Or if you can spend an extra $100 you can look at Nvidia 1060 like MSI GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GTX 1060 ARMOR 3G OCV1 3GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready ATX Video Card - Newegg.com

I have an Nvidia 1060 6GB I got for about $150-200 (I live outside the US). The processor you have is a bit on the low end, so you may as well upgrade that too. I have the same setup; I have a good GPU but a terrible processor (mine's i3240 3.4 Ghz) which bottlenecks the entire thing since I have a great graphics card and 8 gb of memory. Still, I can run most games at 50+ FPS at max setting, and the processor thing I can barely notice.

Yeah, I meant in USD.

The first one seems pretty nice and like a good upgrade from my current. Thank you so much for the suggestion. I gotta find it on a local shop's website now :)

What about the whole AMD vs Nvidia? Is one suppose to be a better brand than the other or it doesn't matter?

OursIsTheFury OursIsTheFury Oh, I thought that my CPU isn't that bad yet or am I wrong? CPU usage never seems to be the problem, to be honest.

What about the whole AMD vs Nvidia? Is one suppose to be a better brand than the other or it doesn't matter?
This entire Nvidia vs AMD if a different topic. Some people says that AMD is better because you get more bang for your $$ while the Nvidia camp that you have better hardware and drivers.

Back