Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
My fellow editor Anthony Gallegos was able to play Heroes on the Move while he was in Germany covering Gamescom, and he left with mixed impressions. Unfortunately, after getting my hands on the demo at the Tokyo Game Show, I can only echo Anthony's previous statements.

For those who don't know, Heroes on the Move is a PlayStation exclusive designed to be played with the Move controller. Starring heroes from the Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper and Jak and Daxter franchises, the game is action-oriented with specific missions showcasing individual characters.

I played two areas, one featuring Sly Cooper and the other with Daxter. Sly's level was a stereotypical action style game where the Move controller was used for melee combat. The idea is to just get through the level and kill as many robots as possible until your health bar runs out. Unfortunately, the controls were pretty unresponsive, so I died rather quickly. While attempting to swing my weapon at an oncoming brute, Sly jumped over and over instead of attacking. Sony has been touting the accuracy of the PlayStation Move, so it was frustrating to have to resort to furiously waggling the wand to get the character to do something useful.

The other mission featuring Daxter was much different than Sly's. The ottsel was armed with a razor sharp disc that I launched by pretending to throw a Frisbee with the Move controller. Once it was airborne, I had to control its flight path and aim it toward robotic enemies scattered around the map. It took me a couple tries to get the hang of it, but eventually I was able to get a handle on the execution and take out multiple baddies with one disc. The catch in this area is that you're being timed, so you need to destroy foes quickly and also pick up green hourglasses (these increase your time limit) along the way. Of the two, I preferred this mission because the controls weren't as wonky.

It seems like this game could go either way – it could be fixed and turn out to be a fun, simple action game or it could have broken segments that frustrate players until they stop playing and go back to their DualShock. Heroes on the Move still has some time to cook since it isn't scheduled to release until next year. Make it work, Sony.

source

this game has the potential to be great if not grand. but this gives move a bad rep so far.

Back