Hi everyone! Ive got a mission.

WorldWider

Multiplayer
Awards
Credits
Hello gaming people everywhere! I want to rid the world of Nintendo's region lock! Or at least help get rid of it...
Anyways! Nice to meet you all!!!!
gameboy.gif

No petition yet I want to see how much hype I can get first. (o_o) But I guess I should post my twitter http://twitter.com/#!/3DSGlobal

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with your mission, but good luck with that. The only way I can see the end of region lock is if it gets made illegal.

Hello gaming people everywhere! I want to rid the world of Nintendo's region lock! Or at least help get rid of it...
gameboy.gif

I don't care about region lock, why should I? I buy my consoles in Europe, I buy my games in Europe. Besides, this is to combat illegal copying, illegal imports and exports, etc.

Nintendo should make as much money as possible, as far as I am concerned, so it can keep existing and producing great consoles and games forever!!!
smile.gif

gameboy.gif

I don't care about region lock, why should I? I buy my consoles in Europe, I buy my games in Europe. Besides, this is to combat illegal copying, illegal imports and exports, etc.

Nintendo should make as much money as possible, as far as I am concerned, so it can keep existing and producing great consoles and games forever!!!
smile.gif

But Region Lock stops others from buying games that were only released in Japan, or if you want a japanese game. Or a UK game.

If you have a US 3DS, only US games can be played. Same goes for Japanese 3DSes and UK 3DSes.

But Region Lock stops others from buying games that were only released in Japan, or if you want a japanese game. Or a UK game.

If you have a US 3DS, only US games can be played. Same goes for Japanese 3DSes and UK 3DSes.

Well, it's not that Nintendo does this out of spite; Nintendo products are sold and are incredibly popular worldwide. There has to be some means in place to control the sales, marketing, and distribution of their products, which sell in the hundreds of millions every year.
wink.gif

Some of the reasons for regional lockout that have been put forward:

Pricing. It is difficult to maintain a single pricing structure that can be applied worldwide. Region-locking a console means that there is no need for pricing parity across the world; different territories can have different prices for games without people simply shopping "wherever is cheaper".
Sensitive regions. Some games could be regarded as offensive for religious or political reasons, and regional lockout may be required to prevent these games from being distributed in sensitive countries.
Staged launches. If a console is region-locked, then staged launches of the games would be easier, as console producers could easily control the huge bow-wave of people wanting a game the moment it is released.
Piracy. Piracy is more common in some countries than others. For example it is particularly common in China as compared to North America. Region locks can prevent pirated games from these countries from being played on systems outside of their designated region.

Back