Honest question, but does anyone actually use Nintendo Zone?

Do you actually use Nintendo Zone?

• Yes, I always check to see if that app is useable when I'm out somewhere and have my 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I've set up my router to act as a fake hotspot

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Once or twice maybe, not regularly

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I have literally never used Nintendo Zone in my life

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I know I don't. I mean, I know you can set up your router to act as a Nintendo Zone hotspot if you leave it unlocked and set the name right, but the whole system in general seems kind of useless to me.

After all, I don't ever really think to use it when I'm in a place where it's available, and I'm fairly sure no one else does either.

So do you actually use Nintendo Zone?

I'm never in one long enough to use it, and that's only when I go to Glasgow or Edinburgh. I think there's one 6 miles from where I live, but I rarely have my 3ds with me and don't want to stand in the street with my 3ds. Its a small town you see, and the hotspot is in a hotel.

Nope. I've never used it successfully. There's no connection for it to use at my house (and I don't really care about creating one), and whenever I'm somewhere near a place that has access to it I'm either in a car or it just plain doesn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive never used it. I searched up the nearest hotspot, and its a McDonalds a few miles from my house. I dont really plan on going their anytime soon to play my 3DS, so it seems kind of pointless to me.

Not available in Norway, so nope. Was available when I was in the uk, but the wifi was horrible..

I used it at the McDonalds near my house once... It just did what the basic eShop does but with the exception of there are Pokémon episodes watchable on it.

I used it once or twice a year, year and a half ago. Vince is right, just an eshop, but with Pokemon episodes to watch, like you'd want to stand around outside your house somewhere and try and watch Pokemon. I think they'd originally planned to have special videos, demos, and stuff that you could only get through the NintendoZone (At least if I remember right), but I bet they scrapped that idea when they got feedback on it and no one using it. As if a completely unsecured network open to anyone to jump on at any time is going to have the best connection to stream TV shows and demos anyway.

wow reading this thread is depressing, I always thought Nintendo Zone was something you'd activate at promotional events to download something amazing, like promotional mii hats or exclusive demos or something. Never used it myself though

wow reading this thread is depressing, I always thought Nintendo Zone was something you'd activate at promotional events to download something amazing, like promotional mii hats or exclusive demos or something. Never used it myself though

i had thought similar. I assumed it was something like an online community for the Mii Plaza or something similar to the Mii web Channel on the Wii where you can see other Miis and download or upload them. I also figured there would be promotional stuff as well, like you did.

Only time I ever used it was moments where Im dragged to go somewhere I dont wanna be like walmart,so I'll check it out out of boredom and lack of wifi. Its pointless really if you use the eshop and stuff normally at home. I guess its meant for ppl without a wifeless broadband internet connection at home,so they could atleast be exposed by adverts and such.

Back