How do I record my gameplay

You need to install a capture card like Camtasia on your PC or buy a device like elgato.

Download MSI Afterburner - no cost HQ screen capture. I used to record DOTA 2 games with it. Turns out just fine, apart from the numbers showing FPS and time in the corner of the screen. I think those can be disabled though, but I didn't bother to check back then.

Download MSI Afterburner - no cost HQ screen capture. I used to record DOTA 2 games with it. Turns out just fine, apart from the numbers showing FPS and time in the corner of the screen. I think those can be disabled though, but I didn't bother to check back then.
ok.I'll check it out.

ok.I'll check it out.

OBS is a free alternative, and while I haven't used Camtasia for years, I would almost be willing to bet that OBS blows it out of the water by functionality any day. I have used that before with great results, and while it has a small learning curve (to get most out of it), it's simply awesomely versatile piece of software.

Also, Camtasia is not a capture card, is a software. Two very different things.

How can I record my gameplay on pc (windows 7)..?

There is some really decent software that is free, which you should probably start off with before buying the high priced stuff. If you google ´Open Broadcast Software´ you will get a crowd-sourced free program that rivals anything else. Also it is great to learn the basics on a free program just to see if it is actually something you enjoy doing.

There is some really decent software that is free, which you should probably start off with before buying the high priced stuff. If you google ´Open Broadcast Software´ you will get a crowd-sourced free program that rivals anything else. Also it is great to learn the basics on a free program just to see if it is actually something you enjoy doing.
Thanks..i was actually desperately looking for a free one. :p

Back when I was playing MMORPG, people were constantly "filming" the gameplay especially during PvP and boss raid. The software we used is Fraps. You can purchase it one time and get lifetime upgrade. It can record any gameplay you wish. Then you can edit it with some video editing software since the recorded file is really large.

OBS worked gud for me.

Back when I was playing MMORPG, people were constantly "filming" the gameplay especially during PvP and boss raid. The software we used is Fraps. You can purchase it one time and get lifetime upgrade. It can record any gameplay you wish. Then you can edit it with some video editing software since the recorded file is really large.
yeah i heard about it. i will try it definitely

Last edited by a moderator:
Back