How Do you Write your own Chat Application

Revolved101

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
So I am planning on Opening a messaging Application And I was wondering have anyone of you guys have or planned on opening a messaging services something like Facebook messager and WhatsApp what are key benefits and some good tuts or tips you need to know to build a effective and less time consuming application I will using this site that I found Click Here for the Link. Although it does not say much I want it to have different features like subscription etc plans.

From what I see is that it only explains how to make a real time front end, and promotes their own service for back end, which is why it doesn't say much.
Features, subscriptions, etc. are all back end related, so to achieve that you must create that part too.

I think a lot of websites I been on use a IRC server as a chatroom where you need a program like Pidgin or add-on like ChatZilla to use the IRC chat, but very few sites I been on had a custom made chat app like Skype, Windows Live Messenger, etc.

Would a web app work for your chat app need? I think a few social networking and mobile apps use HTML5 and JavaScript to make web apps which work in both mobile phones and desktop computers which can run web apps within a web browser.

Creating a new chat app is hard and needs time and effort. It also depends on the technology as well.
Good luck with your new chat app. Try online tutorials

Back