How important is it for you to have a Micro-HDMI video-out port on a tablet or Smartphone?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think having a micro-hdmi port is important for me on my smartphone and tablet since I enjoy watching video on a TV or PC monitor.

I also don't like Google Chromecast, Apple TV, and Roku because a Windows tablet/PC, or Google Android phone or tablet with a Micro-HDMI video port can be used to watch video on TV with an App or Web browser after I use a Micro-HDMI cable to connect it to a TV, monitor, or projector with a HDMI video port. I can also use a wireless Bluetooth or USB keyboard and mouse to control a smartphone or tablet from my couch instead of using a remote which only has a few basic buttons like play, pause, stop, ok, fast forward, and rewind.

I also don't like setting up settop boxes' Wi-Fi, user accounts, apps, and other things with a remote, or a gamepad controller because it takes longer to type than just plugging in a tablet, or smartphone to watch video on a TV.

I didn't know cell phones hand that output. But no, its not something I care or want.

I didn't know cell phones hand that output. But no, its not something I care or want.

I think mostly more expensive smartphones, and some less popular Chinese branded Gaming smartphone have Micro-HDMI out.

But, some smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 uses an MHL-Video Cable which uses the Micro-USB port on your phone to output video to a full size HDMI port which is connected to a TV or PC monitor. You would need to connect the MHL cable to a USB port for supplying extra power, and charge your device at the same time.

My cell phone wasn't cheap and it didn't have one :p

I notice there are more expensive cell phones which have fewer features because the smartphone maker wants to make their phones thinner, easier to use, look nicer, have curved screens, etc.

But, they remove features like Micro-HDMI, expandable storage, larger battery, etc, so they can make more money from people who buy phones with more internal storage, and install fewer parts on their smartphone to save money.

Back