How long will Facebook be around?

I think Facebook would be around for a long time since it is still very profitable with their online ads and services on Facebook.com, and many people still use it to share photos, events, text, video, and to join fan pages and clubs on Facebook.com. I read Facebook userbase is still increasing, and will increase even more from people who live in poorer countries who will have reliable and faster internet, and will discovered Facebook.

Myspace is still around even when Facebook is more popular than Myspace, so if Facebook becomes small like Myspace it most likely still be around like Myspace. Facebook may lose some of its popularity in the next few years, but it still be around although Facebook may end up like Yahoo who fired a lot of its employees to become a smaller search engine, and News site.

In some form or another, I think Facebook is here to stay. Just as MySpace is still going, albeit not where it used to be, its still an internet staple. I don't see Facebook crashing worse than MySpace either. 

Facebook will most likely stay around for a long time. Its still growing and getting more and more profitable. It is constantly updated to keep the users interested and thats a good point for it.

I don't see Facebook meeting the same fate as Hi5 or MySpace anytime soon, but it will eventually happen.

I read there are people who use Facebook to sell their stuff on Facebook to their friends, family, and co-workers since it is safer than meeting up with random people to sell stuff in most cases, and Facebook now has a Web apps and Google Android Apps store, so people use it to sell Apps and In-App purchases.

Facebook also makes a lot of cash from those flash games like Farmville, Cityville, and Candy Crush.

Facebook is not just a social network these days, so it would be around in one form or another like Amazon which also sells web hosting, apps, streaming TV shows, and random items. Amazon also has a forum/social network for people to find information on new products, and services on Amazon.

I see Facebook being around for a long time to come. It may eventually start to die down one day but I do not see that happening for a while.

This maybe true for the people who value their privacy , but there are still a lot of people who don't value their privacy as much, and rather be popular on Facebook and other social networks, use Facebook to make money by selling stuff, or promoting their products for people to buy on their website, and people who find letting go of Facebook to be difficult since it is one of the only site which they can see pictures of their friends and family who live far away, and stay informed about local events because most people don't own websites for posting family photos to share with other friends and family.

There are now even more people on Facebook than in 2012, and they are more active.

In its Q3 2013 results, Facebook  revealed that it now has 1.19 billion monthly active users and had an average of 728 million daily active users in September.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.ca/tech/news/a527703/facebook-sees-active-monthly-users-increase-admits-teen-usage-fell.html#ixzz2jhzA0Tv3
Follow us: @digitalspy on Twitter | digitalspyuk on Facebook
If people really value their privacy to an extreme, they wouldn't use phones, e-mail, the internet, and regular mail because Edward Snowden and other people revealed that the Government spys in on all people who use e-mail, phone, internet, and other communication methods.

Back