How Long Will This Series Last?

Dark Young Link

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
As we know, Pokemon is a big thing pretty much everywhere. Though all good things come to an end. I mean look at Pokemon. It's on its 6th generation and there will be about 900 Pokemon at this point.

My question is how long do you think it will last? Not spin-off wise, but the general Pokemon games like Red/Blue-X/Y. Do you think it'll last another gen or maybe two? Do you think this will be the last one they can pull off?

I honestly think the Pokemon main series will either end with X/Y or go on another gen. It's hard to tell. I mean with over 900 Pokemon, ideas are probably thinning. What do you guys think?

I see the Pokemon series as being milked until dry, they'll keep trying to make new games desperate to continue o.o I don't see it lasting too long, but they'll try make a new game for every handheld console that is released!

HELL NO.The anime will eventually end.And the games,well it is hard to keep coming up with good Pokemon designs and names for over 100 pokemon every 3/4 years without reusing any names,but in my defense when they stop making new pokemon they can make new generations and new gym leaders and all but still use pokemon from other generations.And the starters will be different,which means only 6 new pokemon every following genertion.But hey,it's better than no Pokemon at all.Plus the Best Wishes series was shorter cause Team Kato wanted it to be like how short the Gen 1 anime was,that's also why they keep revisiting the Kanto region every other while in the anime.Going back to the games,they're the #2 biggest selling video games for not only Nintendo,but also the World,just behind Mario.Why the hell would they give up something so awesome?If they ever did,though,Nintendo would go downhill FAST.But otherwise,the anime will eventually come to an end.

Bottom Line:If Nintendo were to ever give up on Pokemon,they would soon die,along with our other beloved Nintendo franchises.

(Coming from a Pokemon master himself)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm... That would be interesting to have a new Pokemon game with everything with no new Pokemon, but new Pokemon are the fun of it. I mean I don't like every Pokemon, but who does? I don't like the idea of fairy type or mega evolutions, but other people do. I mean new things is what makes Pokemon fun and without new Pokemon, the hype dies down a little. I feel ike running out of Pokemon is the reason for mega evolutions.

Also I would see how losing the series will be bad, but it won't hurt Nintendo that bad. They'll still have Mario and Zelda. The Mario franchise will never die. They do everything the same and the game sells. Zelda... might actually die too someday because there's only so much you can do with the series.

It won't end. Or more precisely, it won't end until the series is completely unprofitable.

To expect otherwise is like expecting Nintendo to 'cancel' Mario.

Children still like Mario don't they? It's the same with Pokemon. If people play it their children will follow (sort of like pop culture). I don't care if they just constantly make starters and Legendaries, someone will play it. Mega Evolutions will probably be around till every Pokemon has one. Fairy type keeps things balanced and new for people just getting the game for the first time. Bugs weren't truly strong until Gen 4-5 (however no one needed strong bug types till more psychics showed up.) so that shows things weren't balanced to begin with just like before dark types (let's cut a little slack cuz this was GFs first time making games.).

Hm... That would be interesting to have a new Pokemon game with everything with no new Pokemon, but new Pokemon are the fun of it. I mean I don't like every Pokemon, but who does? I don't like the idea of fairy type or mega evolutions, but other people do. I mean new things is what makes Pokemon fun and without new Pokemon, the hype dies down a little. I feel ike running out of Pokemon is the reason for mega evolutions.

Also I would see how losing the series will be bad, but it won't hurt Nintendo that bad. They'll still have Mario and Zelda. The Mario franchise will never die. They do everything the same and the game sells. Zelda... might actually die too someday because there's only so much you can do with the series.

Your a bit ignorant there.With having to come up with a lot of Pokemon (over 100) every other year and no suing is pretty hard,so they may end up doing my theory if I'm correct.Also,you are half right.I did kinda exaggerate a bit,sorry,but I mean,Pokemon does give Nintendo A LOT of money,along with other Nintendo games but Mario gives them the most,and then Pokemon.Canceling Pokemon would have them lose a lot of money so then not only pokemon is gone but also some smaller 1st party Nintendo games (like Pikmin),and maybe even some bigger 1st party (Zelda,i'm pointing at you) as they wouldn't be able to fund it anymore.

And remember when Nintendo almost died back in the N64/NGC era cause of how they took the blame for all the seizures that the Pokemon anime made,which made ban Pokemon,which then made them lose alot of money,which then almost had them cancel their company.Yeah,the only way Pokemon would die is if something WAAYYY more popular in the same genre of it showed up.Thankfully,nothing can. :grin:

I see the Pokemon series as being milked until dry, they'll keep trying to make new games desperate to continue o.o I don't see it lasting too long, but they'll try make a new game for every handheld console that is released!

It might be milked dry but the ideas they come up with is awesome (some suck like Trubbish, Vanilite etc). I mean, who wouldve thought of Sigilyph or Hydreigon. They're awesome!

I've been wondering this myself for a while now. Pokemon is getting milked but who knows how long that will last. Hopefully the games don't get boring.

It might be milked dry but the ideas they come up with is awesome (some suck like Trubbish, Vanilite etc). I mean, who wouldve thought of Sigilyph or Hydreigon. They're awesome!
...and Galvantula and Mega Evolution...

Until they make less money than they used to make the game.

Well, it definitley has a strong playerbase. Pokemon is an entry level game that apeals to a younger crowd. Its gameplay on the surface is simple enough for anyone to grasp, and offers second layer depth that keeps its older fans pleased. I think the magic that hooked me into this game was the shallow animation. It gave me just enough to imagine the battle, and each fight may not be that hard, but enduring the elite four felt very rewarding.

I'm rambling. What i meant to say is that pokemon invests in their younger playerbase, getting them addicted and growing with future releases.

Back