How often do you buy new games?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Out of curiosity?

Personally, I have to admit I don't really buy that many any more. Probably because as a Nintendo fan, the amount of titles I'm actually interested in per year is probably in the single digits at the moment, and fairly few of the recent games interest me.

But what about you?

I'll probably be buying one or two a month since I now currently have a job.

Last game I went out and bought was Yoshi's "New" Island. So it's not very often I go out and purchase new games. I see myself purchasing 2 games in the next couple of months. (Really just one because SSB3D is already paid off.)

i'll be getting mariokart 8 next weekend

but after that, none until christmas

A lot recently..and with both versions of smash bros, Hyrule Warriors and Pokemon coming out...my purchases will only increase. There was also the Steam summer sale where I bought a few titles.

Last game I bought was Azran Legacy which was three months ago. I really haven't bought many games this year.
I'll sure be getting SSB3DS when that comes out and SSB Wii U. I need to get a Wii U first, though, lol.

I've bought one game this year, Tropical Freeze. I've got my PlayStation Plus subscription still active so I get a couple free games every month. It's $50 a year so I think it's worth it.

I rarely buy games. I never have time to play them. Though with the two new Smash Bros. games coming out, how can I resist. And a new Zelda. Not Hyrule Warriors though. I mean the actual new Zelda.

I buy games quite frequently, probably far more often then I should, especially during sale events like Steam Summer Sale. Just lined up for the near future is two copies of Smash 3DS, Smash Wii, Hyrule Warriors (Whenever it releases, not sure) Littlebigplanet 3, Shadow's of Mordor for ps4, and we just bought Last of Us for ps4. That's just the stuff off the top of my head, but then I buy games across consoles and genres, I don't limit myself to just Nintendo products. We also have Playstation plus, so we just got several games through it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy games when I look at my selection and nothing inspires me to play anymore.

Or when I can justify buying one, being a father of 1yr old twin girls, I find my cash needed for other things :grin:

Last game I bought was Animal Crossing: New Leaf, thoroughly hooked!

Last edited by a moderator:
Way too often... In fact I actually buy too many games so a lot of times I buy games that I don't actually play...

Most of these games are on steam and come from humble bundles or steam sales (such as the summer sale).

To give you a taste of how bad it is, my Backloggery says that I have bought 126 new games this year...

There is help out there for people like us, I've managed to turn from my hoarding ways, I can help you too!

For me, it pretty much depends on what the game is. So there's no "fixed" rate that I get games. I also pre-order all my games online and so far, I have Mario Party 10, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Yoshi's Wooly World, Smash Bros 3DS, Smash Bros Wii U, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call, and (if it eventually comes out in Europe), that Concentration Brain Training that should have been released over a year ago.

Back