How Stupid Can People Be?

Lleyn

Beep
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
According to a May 5 report in the Chosun Ilbo, a major South Korean daily, a police officer who arrived on the scene of a reported rape in progress in Suwon, the capital of Gyeonggi-do Province, failed to help the female victim claiming he misunderstood the situation as being an act of mutual consent, even though the perpetrator, a man in his twenties, was wearing an electronic ankle monitor and had a history of sexual offense.

The report stated an officer rushed to the scene in response to a tip and found two people engaged in an act of sexual congress. “When I got there, I found them having sex; it looked very natural and the man didn’t appear to have any kind of weapon, I could only assume the act was consensual.” As such, the officer decided to “observe the situation” for a while.

Further trying to justify his lack of action, the office stated, “Even if, for example, the man was committing a sexual assault, I thought that if I tried to break it up while he was in the middle of the act, it could be dangerous for the woman.” Thus, the officer continued to “monitor the situation” for one hour. People throughout the country became enraged upon learning of the incident, and strong criticism has been leveled at the police for standing by and doing nothing to help the women even though an officer was on the scene.

Seriously? Someone reported there was a rape in progress and he didn't even think he should try to act just in case?

Anyone besides me laugh when the officer just stood there and watched?

anyways, I feel this report lacks info. If it was rape why was the woman not shouting for help? And why didn't he call out to them? I would say the officer is both in the wrong and right.

Maybe he was gonna kill her if she yelled, it happens. And that's a weird misunderstandment. I don't know whether he should be charged or not, because the law doesn't persecute stupidity or ignorance.

GracefulAssassin said:
Maybe he was gonna kill her if she yelled, it happens. And that's a weird misunderstandment. I don't know whether he should be charged or not, because the law doesn't persecute stupidity or ignorance.
He should at least get fired and get tattooed stupid on his forehead :squint:

This is kind of weird, why the rape report while there isn't any rape mark.

That's a weak cop lol.. 

Thus, the officer continued to “monitor the situation” for one hour.

I really doubt that is true. Would she be raped for ONE hour without any escalation or closure at all?  Insane

Demon_Skeith said:
Oh yes of course I laughed whilst reading news of an alleged rape!

No-one can place judgement on any of this because there are things that just don't add up. He monitored the situation for an hour? What was the alleged rapist and victim doing for a whole hour? If I was to judge this officer based solely on the text posted in this thread (and the rape did actually occur) then my judgement would be that the officer is a pervert and spent an hour getting his jollies whilst someone was getting abused.

Terrble but sad story. Meanwhile, a kid almost died recently of an overdose of salt when he drank a whole bottle of soy sauce on a dare. Luckily, his friends were there to rush him to the hospital. Of course, these same friends dared him to do this stupid thing in the first place so....it's kind of a double-edged sword really.

Who thinks drinking an entire bottle of soy sauce is a good idea?!  Yeesh.

Demon_Skeith said:

anyways, I feel this report lacks info. If it was rape why was the woman not shouting for help? And why didn't he call out to them? I would say the officer is both in the wrong and right.
I can almost picture the expression on his face ...

The woman had probably completely stopped struggling at that point.  She probably fought back fiercely and just ran out of energy to keep putting up any effort, and by the time the actual act started she probably just ... gave up and lost the will.  It's a pretty demoralizing thing to have happen to you.

Seriously though, watching for an hour?  Aiya ...

Back