Writing How to proofread your literature works.

Henrywrites

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
When we talk about proofreading, we are simply talking about the final stages of the writing steps when the content is evaluated for mechanical correctness, such as spelling, omitted words, spacing and format, grammar and typographical errors.

So, how then can one proofread what they have written? The list below are effective ways you can get it done.

Understand your weakness: You need to look at the papers you've written before to understand mistakes you make easily. It can help you with proofreading your current work.

Pick one point at a time: If you want to proof read for spelling, do it first for the whole literature work before jumping on another one such as comma's.

Take breaks: Understand that taking a break between writing and proofreading is very important to achieving the aims that you wish to achieve.

Seek Help: Ask someone to help you read the book that you have written to fish out errors that you must missed. This is one of the most effective ways of proofreading.

What are the other tips do you think can help?

I need to give my stuff at least a week before I can proof read, otherwise I know I'm just going off of whats in my head when reading it.

This would be helpful to me when I'm writing an article for my blog and help me proofread before publishing an article.

I am glad that you found the post useful. It has tips on how you can have a great experience with proofreading.

There are ideas the other person can bring which is going to help you progress. I like the fact that it is going to help one finish such projects faster too.
Two good heads put together are definitely better than one good head.

I like to proofread it right away. When writing I first start with spelling and then grammatical errors. If what I'm reading doesn't flow I tend to write more or less and format my sentence order differently. If I wanted to be a stickler now I'd say it needs closure and references if it's an essay properly cited.

I like to proofread my writing after I finish writing a story, and may proofread my story again after a few hours or days.

I like to proofread my writing after I finish writing a story, and may proofread my story again after a few hours or days.

Doing it after a few hours is good. A great way to do so having a calm mind. You can also leave it and do it the next morning.

If it's our own writings, I don't feel we need to proofread too intently. However, these tips especially taking a break & having somebody help are great ones. Another tip I have is to keep pencil & paper all over. I have them in my pocket lol That's so whenever I think of something or go over in my head, I can jot down if I'd like it to be changed up. It's easier than sitting at the keyboard & having your mind go blank. I've also printed out some stuff I want to edit so I can take it with me on long car rides.

If it's our own writings, I don't feel we need to proofread too intently. However, these tips especially taking a break & having somebody help are great ones. Another tip I have is to keep pencil & paper all over. I have them in my pocket lol That's so whenever I think of something or go over in my head, I can jot down if I'd like it to be changed up. It's easier than sitting at the keyboard & having your mind go blank. I've also printed out some stuff I want to edit so I can take it with me on long car rides.

I should try the tip of having my pen always around too. That should be of immense help on getting some things done.

Back