Other How to survive a Zombie Apocalypse

nelmar

Credits
THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING!

If you’re reading this, you’re probably terrified. The Singaporean education system has not prepared you adequately for a zombie apocalypse, but DON’T PANIC. Our uniquely Singaporean zombie guide won’t save you, but it will increase your chances of surviving.

-STEP 1: Defend Yourself from Hordes of Incoming Zombies-

Most zombie survival guides recommend guns, but in a land where the nearest guns are in Tekong, how? Don’t worry, you still have makeshift weapons at your disposal. Take a deep breath, calm down, then follow these steps:

Firstly, assess your surroundings.

If there’s a whole bunch of zombies coming towards you, good luck. Your best bet is probably to barricade your door, hide out and pray that the zombies aren’t staking out your house. If you live in an HDB flat, the corridors are narrow, making it difficult for zombies to surround you on all sides. Assuming zombies know how to queue up, they’ll come for you two by two.

- STEP 2: Find a Place to Stay the Night -

We don’t suggest moving too far away - being out in the open makes you an easy target for fast zombies. If the place around you is secure, stay there. If not, find somewhere in the neighborhood that you can get to quickly. Looking at the options in Singapore, here are your best bets:

• House
  • Bomb Shelter
  • Go Underground
- STEP 3: Get Supplies -
Assuming you’re still at home, it’s time to venture out to scavenge for food. You’re going to need a backpack, one strong enough to hold all your gear. We know you’re kiasi, but don’t bring everything because you need to be light on your feet to escape from the zombies. Here are some essentials:

• Food: dry food is good, tinned food is good, basically anything that expires several years later is good
  • A few sets of clothes: leave your prom dress at home - find clothes that are durable, comfortable and hold up well in rainy weather
  • Toiletries (and bleach!)
  • Insect repellent: army-grade mosquito repellent is good
  • Sleeping bag
  • First aid kit
  • Poncho and plastic bags to tie around your shoes: it’s Singapore. It never rains, it storms.
  • Bottles of water
  • A lighter
  • A mirror: to signal with, not to check your hair
  • Sewing kit
  • Swiss army knife
  • A flashlight
  • Duct tape
  • Gloves: you don’t want to be infected during hand to hand combat, do you?
  • All your weapons!
We know Singaporeans love their slippers but choose a pair that’s waterproof or at least water resistant. You’re going to do lots of running so make sure you can run in them!

- STEP 4: Learn to Loot -

Looting is dangerous, and many more Singaporeans will have been zombified before you finish assembling your team. But it’s an important stage of survival - getting food and water is essential for survival. Some tools would be nice too!

Send scouts to check out the place first. Some supermarkets might be overrun with zombies or already looted by other survivors. You’re more noticeable when you travel in a group and it’s not worth endangering yourself only for your expedition to end in failure. At least if one person dies, it’s the scout.

Before going in, make sure everyone knows their role. You want to get in there, get your stuff and siam. Lingering around will only attract zombies

- STEP 5: Stay Healthy -

We suggest avoiding human contact unless you’re absolutely sure they’re not out to take your food (or worse, your life). If you bump into them accidentally, remain polite. Behaving in a civilized manner will encourage the other group to be nice too, but you might want to reconsider your greetings beforehand - in a world where food is running out, greeting others with a “kumain ka na? (have you eaten?)” may enrage them instead.

AND LASTLY THE VERY MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL:

- STEP 6. Don't Give Up Hope! -

There will be A another day for humanity.

The Pentagon actually has a Zombie Apocalypse Battle/Survival Plan called "CONOP 8888" albeit it's just for training lol:

Pentagon document lays out battle plan against zombies - CNNPolitics

In an unclassified document titled "CONOP 8888," officials from U.S. Strategic Command used the specter of a planet-wide attack by the walking dead as a training template for how to plan for real-life, large-scale operations, emergencies and catastrophes.
And the Pentagon says there's a reasonable explanation.

"The document is identified as a training tool used in an in-house training exercise where students learn about the basic concepts of military plans and order development through a fictional training scenario," Navy Capt. Pamela Kunze, a spokeswoman for U.S. Strategic Command, told CNN. "This document is not a U.S. Strategic Command plan."

Here's the document:
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2014/images/05/16/dod.zombie.apocalypse.plan.pdf

My plan? Kill myself and have someone burn my body. Problem solved :p
Giving up yer life so easily? At least take down as many zombies you can with you lol

well its not like I have access to a nuke :p Besides to take them down means becoming one of them. Not how I want to go.

You can always hop into my F-14B Tomcat since it's a 2 seater and we can bomb them from the Cat and escape lol

Last edited:
Literally love this thread! Omg, thank you so much for sharing. I have always wondered what it would be like if we did have one and what I would do.. what I would reach in an event of encountering a zombie in that sudden moment.. Usually I am in the kitchen when I am thinking these things and always lean towards a knife.. but who knows! I could be asleep and one could get me!

good way to kill an afternoon :p
Yep and the back seater controls the weapons targeting, so you can target the zombies, lock and fire! boooooom! lol

The backseater's RIO (Radar Intercept Officer) cockpit of the F-14 Cat:
mO7ifoe.jpg

Last edited:
You must not have seen Dawn of the Dead. lol
Nope. So what is the significance of the Shopping Mall in the movie? The Zombies in the movie like to go shopping at the mall? lol

Last edited:
I love that he posted this guide and then dipped. Maybe he knows something we don't :eek:

Nope. So what is the significance of the Shopping Mall in the movie? The Zombies in the movie like to go shopping at the mall? lol
Some survivors seek refuge in an abandoned mall. :grin:

Reactions: cm2
Back